Hey all,

I can't seem to get my pc to recognise my pre. It is listed as usb composite device in the manager. I managed to unlock it with the jic technology software on this pc so it's not impossible for them to communicate. I think I have had this problem in the past with other devices and am sure it is something to do with my pc. The pre is recognisable on other pc's, something seems to be stopping it though, I have tried disabling firewalls and startup programs to no avail.

Any ideas?
    Hi, Try updating all drivers, or uninstall and reinstall the Palm webos novacomd...

Good luck!
    If you're plugging it into the front of your machine, try plugging it into the back.
    I have tried all the above to no avail. My pc makes the duh duh, beeping noise when I plug it in so it knows it is there, but doesn't find it in my computer and I can't install any homebrew apps due to it not being recognised.

I am sure it is something to do with the pc because it does this with other things.

Is it possible that I can only have so many usb devices plugged in at one time, even though I have available slots?
    Tried that, still having the same problem. Although when i do the detect hardware wizard etc it did come up pre in the box at the bottom right. still not recognising it on my computer though
    Yes and Yes. It works on other computers, i'm certain it is something to do with my pc.
    Yes, I did the test and got the usb symbol on the pre! box on the bottom right og pc said (bootie), then restarted as stateed and still can't see the pre.

have run a basic chkdisk on my c drive. I perform a deep one every month or so so dob't think it's that, also clean my registry etc every fortnight or so
    I am on xp pro, not sure which service pack. what should I crapclean? everything?

And when you say uninstallnovacom therough devices do you mean uninstall 'usb composite device' (which my pre registers as)? I tried this before the last post.
    also, if it is a lan port issue are there further steps I can take? I am familiar with everything else you have mentioned, but talk of port is a little beyond me
    Thanks for trying though. Would I be best to post on palm's website about this?