1.    #1  
    Well,

Some may know from my original post here I was looking at getting a pre plus that was flashed to a different network.. Well, that didn't work out but after looking into and playing around with a pre plus for a few days and needed a replacement phone after mine broke at work, I decided to pull the trigger and purchase a preplus on ebay.. Luckily I found one around my price range pretty much that same day and I ended up winning it.

I have a few questions O I won't go about bricking my phone once I get it:

1) Are the youtube videos or threads here that will show me how to get pre-ware on it and how to overclock it?

2) What are some other things that I can do once I have it done? Is there any verizon bloatware I need to get rid of?

3) If I overclock it, will I for sure need a second battery-- I'm looking into one of those belt clip batteries I'm not sure who makes them right now but there like 50 bucks

any other advice tips suggestions for a pre newb?

I've had the gamut of smartphones and have always tinkered with them, whether it was the iphone or droid or a good ole blackberry, so I'm familiar with messing around with my phones but this is my first webos device.

Thanks all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire330 View Post
    Well,

Some may know from my original post here I was looking at getting a pre plus that was flashed to a different network.. Well, that didn't work out but after looking into and playing around with a pre plus for a few days and needed a replacement phone after mine broke at work, I decided to pull the trigger and purchase a preplus on ebay.. Luckily I found one around my price range pretty much that same day and I ended up winning it.

I have a few questions O I won't go about bricking my phone once I get it:

1) Are the youtube videos or threads here that will show me how to get pre-ware on it and how to overclock it?

2) What are some other things that I can do once I have it done? Is there any verizon bloatware I need to get rid of?

3) If I overclock it, will I for sure need a second battery-- I'm looking into one of those belt clip batteries I'm not sure who makes them right now but there like 50 bucks

any other advice tips suggestions for a pre newb?

I've had the gamut of smartphones and have always tinkered with them, whether it was the iphone or droid or a good ole blackberry, so I'm familiar with messing around with my phones but this is my first webos device.

Thanks all.
    1) http://install.preware.org If you go the quick instal method of installing, the thread is here http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-software/228310-webos-quick-install-v3-14-a.html

For Overclocking, read the uberkernel and govnah threads. These are the two packages you will need.

2) Patches, 3d games, VBA, etc

3)I bought a 1400mah amzen replaceable battery, works pretty well for me.

My only other advice is to read the threads to fully understand all the features.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Pip! It helps my Dad has a pre with sprint and has already done the preware on his, I may just ask him to show me how to do it the first go around.. I don't want to mess anything up.

Is there a certain speed that most people have found to be the most stable? (actually I don't even know what that pre+ stock speed is- can someone enlighten me?
    yes, no, yes
    pre plus stock speed is 500mhz and for games 600mhz but the 1 ghz kernel is save great battery life phone is fast and just amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire330 View Post
    Well,

Some may know from my original post here

If your dad has a pre and has experience with homebrew, have him walk you through it. Otherwise, here is everything you need (and more) to get you started. Happy hombrewing!
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ted-guide.html
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html