1.    #1  
    like the iphone nd android when you get a notifcation the icon would show if you have a message for like texting or w.e how come webos doesn't have that?
    Quote Originally Posted by killaz123 View Post
    like the iphone nd android when you get a notifcation the icon would show if you have a message for like texting or w.e how come webos doesn't have that?
    Eh? Not sure I understand what you mean.

webOS gives you dashboard notifications... as well as unread count in the launcher for messaging and email and such...
    +1 my alerts are working just fine and dandy
    Not sure what the question is.... webOS has full notifications. Much better than any other OS on the market.
    Because our notification system does it better?

I guess it'd be ok to have indicators on icons for number of messages, or if an alarm went off or something, in addition to the normal notification, but that would personally annoy me.

One thing I would like to see, however, is the ability to expand the email notification to a list of subjects/from, rather than have the action be to open the latest message when clicking on the notification. I don't necessarily need to see my email right at that moment, but if a notification came in prior that is important, it'd be nice to see without having to iterate through opening something else first. Instead, I always just swipe away, then open the mail app directly. Not elegant.
    : (){:|:&};:
    My notifications also work fine, have had my Pre for a little over a week, now. I love it!

Have you made certain that you didn't turn them off?

Even on my Touchstone all my notifications show up.
    what scares me is the total lack of any kind of proper english there.

I believe he means why the Pre screen doesn't show a notification while off the charger. I really don't see the need, all it would do is drain the battery faster, and it's not all that hard to pop the screen on once in awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post

I guess it'd be ok to have indicators on icons for number of messages, or if an alarm went off or something, in addition to the normal notification, but that would personally annoy me.

One thing I would like to see, however, is the ability to expand the email notification to a list of subjects/from, rather than have the action be to open the latest message when clicking on the notification. I don't necessarily need to see my email right at that moment, but if a notification came in prior that is important, it'd be nice to see without having to iterate through opening something else first. Instead, I always just swipe away, then open the mail app directly. Not elegant.
    Try tapping the 'icon' of the notifications instead - this will take you to a list view of your emails/texts.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    There is a patch to show the number of unread emails on the email icon. I'll see if I can find it.

Found it: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ers+email+icon
    Last edited by cas_esq; 07/14/2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Found thread; added link

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
  10.    #10  
    no i dont mean my dashboard notifications i mean like say if you swipe a text away you wont know you have a unread text until you actually open up the app but unlike the iphone nd android os itll show a number on the icon
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    no i dont mean my dashboard notifications i mean like say if you swipe a text away you wont know you have a unread text until you actually open up the app but unlike the iphone nd android os itll show a number on the icon
    The dashboard notification does tell you how many unaddressed items (e-mails/texts/calls) there are. If you swipe away the whole notification, then yeah, you won't see the notification anymore. Because you swiped it away. Can you post a screenshot or use real sentences if that still doesn't address your issue?
  12.    #12  
    I'm not having a issue with anything I mean like say if you receive a text on the iphone the text messaging icon will show 1 meaning you have a text how come webos doesn't hve that
    But everyone here is trying to tell you that it does! The notifications are there!

I have a very close friend with an iPhone, so I have played with it and seen the alerts. The Palm Pre also has alerts.

If you get one text, it pops up at the bottom of your screen, showing that you have one and who sent it. If you have more than one, it shows that you have received X number of texts.

It looks different than those on the other phones, but the feature is there, nonetheless.

I have no idea what you are complaining about. If you swipe the alert away, you cannot expect it to remain, though another will pop up, if you get more texts.

My friend can do that same on his iPhone, he can close out the alert from his home screen and go into his text app and deal with the message later.
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post

If you have multiple e-mails tap the icon on the left of the notification with the number, this will open your e-mail app vs the specific email