Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I was wondering if anyone knows an app or a mobile site that I can download music over the air, straight to my pre?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/14/2010 at 04:46 AM. Reason: fixed typo in title
    nacho, I tried the beemp3 site and I was unable to find a way to download music or tones straight to my Pre. Do you know of a way to do that?
    You need to install the patch "Multi Mod" which will present you with the option to Download or Stream supported media files.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    You need to install the patch "Multi Mod" which will present you with the option to Download or Stream supported media files.
    Filecoaster is an alternative, although I've found it's not always reliable.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Amazon Music Store. It should be loaded on your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    Amazon Music Store. It should be loaded on your phone.
    +1

I buy all of my music from Amazon MP3. It works flawlessly and all the MP3's are DRM free.

The only thing I don't like is, if I buy them from my phone and I want to maintain a copy on my computer, the Palm app that moves them removes them from my phone when moving them over to my iTunes library (I only use it to manage my music) and I have to add them back to my Pre.

But once I add them to a playlist in iTunes it is just a matter of dragging and dropping the playlist or individiual songs into my music folder on the Pre and all the artwork and album info come with them.
    Music Wave Lite, is pretty good. Doenst always work, or find what you want, but for free, it does a pretty good job of finding many songs

You can get that from PreWare also

you can either play , or download a song you find there
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

You can always put the phone in USB drive mode, and manually copy them from the Pre to your music folder, then add them to iTunes. I don't use iTunes, that's what I do to get them into MediaMonkey.