Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I was concerned when I first read this thread. Now I know there is nothing at all to worry about.
    why are you taking pictures while you are driving? pull the car over next time... :-)

and then grab a droid so you can focus on close up shots... oh snap!
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    No child left behind, my ***...
    Did you use this cord in the car while smoking ever? Maybe an ash melted the casing and a shield or two in the cord. And what the heck are you smoking in the car? lol just kidding.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  5. OrR
    This is like the iPhone crowd... Making up excuses for a perfectly valid and reasonable problem! At least Palm isn't trying any weird cover-up techniques like Apple typically does. What makes some people here insist on trying to argue this is a fake? Sparks just happen in electronics... As long as this is still an isolated case, I don't see much of a problem for anyone.

I am actually waiting for my charging cable to break, it's taken quite a beating.
  6.    #66  
    thank you I figured it was a fluke but if it was a faulty palet of cables would you want it to be issued in your town that's the only reason I started the thread just safety alone I'd rather tell people so they know to pay attention then not tell people then have something way more serious house fire or someone even injured or killed from a fire it's better to be safe than sorry well good night and don't let the palm cords light LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by OrR View Post
    This is like the iPhone crowd... Making up excuses for a perfectly valid and reasonable problem! At least Palm isn't trying any weird cover-up techniques like Apple typically does. What makes some people here insist on trying to argue this is a fake? Sparks just happen in electronics... As long as this is still an isolated case, I don't see much of a problem for anyone.

I am actually waiting for my charging cable to break, it's taken quite a beating.
    Quote Originally Posted by chadking View Post
    I have pics just pm me your email address and I'll send the damn pics I'm not a bozo and I'd appreciate an apology I actually was just trying to let my fellow friends on here to know that it can happen I could have had a serious fire that thought alone is why I even started this thread so neway I'll see what I can do with posting the pics it's just quicker to send them to someone any I'll try
    Chad: I apologize--I didn't intend to imply that you were a bozo, but I can see how you might have thought that I was. I DO appreciate your letting us know that this happened, with or without pictures, but I'm glad you got the pictures posted.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I think this is a one off.

I also didn't think it was possible to screw up the spelling of sure, but I learned it is.

I almost gave up reading on page 2 because the spelling and lack of punctuation made my eyes bleed and made it very, very difficult to understand the posts - forum or not, there is no excuse for not hitting '.'

So, I am inserting all missing punctuation:

.......................;;;,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,........................................... .................................................................................................... ..............................
    The exact same thing happened to me back in February. I called Palm, and they tried blaming me for it! They said it was MY fault, luckily I talked my way through it and got a replacement. But beware, they will try to make it look like it is your fault. They'll say things like. "Oh well you didn't plug it into the right outlet, or used a non official usb port" etc.

But this is strange.. I thought I was the only one this has happened to.. I wish I got this much of a response on my thread when I posted it. :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Addyc View Post
    The exact same thing happened to me back in February. I called Palm, and they tried blaming me for it! They said it was MY fault, luckily I talked my way through it and got a replacement. But beware, they will try to make it look like it is your fault. They'll say things like. "Oh well you didn't plug it into the right outlet, or used a non official usb port" etc.

UHmmm Palm has already sent him a new cord.
  11.    #71  
    look it's pretty said that folks have to constantly keep digging at me for my grammar and spelling I'm on disability I have some issues and I really wish people around here would read post help and listen not make people feel less than dirt so you should really think long and hard before you degrade a person when you don't even know them or there situation so thanks ever so much for showing me that there really are heartless inconsiderate people in the world btw thanks to all who helped I should have already pushed the thanks button but if I missid you let me know and have a wonderful day
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234