Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    sounds like two malfunctions, the computes USB power didn't shut, and there was a short in the wire.

the wire short could be the direct result of a a manufacure defect which if it worked in the past is less likely.

could be a result of a cut in the wire, or a crimp, like if you closed it in a drawr or you remove it from the pre by pulling the wire, not the usb part.

it could be due to poor manufacturing materials, and then repeated use and excess wear.

I don't know the answer but I'd these are brandy new then I would be returning them all for an exchange as well.

You forgot the horrendous grammar malfunction.
  2.    #42  
    yes I'm sorry my grammar sucks I'll try to work on it ok?oh and my pucuation too LOL
    Why are there still no pictures?! Use the "[IMG]" tag!
  4. OrR
    I'd really like to have an anti-thanks button on this forum, for all the posts asking for pictures as if that was important...
    Well, clearly there will not be any pictures now. In any case some people want the pictures for proof to make sure that it isn't just a bozo trying to spread rumors about the Pre. Some people will want to see pictures to try to understand what happened. Perhaps repeated requests are not necessary (guilty), but asking for pictures in the first place is entirely valid, and possibly helpful.
  6.    #46  
    I have pics just pm me your email address and I'll send the damn pics I'm not a bozo and I'd appreciate an apology I actually was just trying to let my fellow friends on here to know that it can happen I could have had a serious fire that thought alone is why I even started this thread so neway I'll see what I can do with posting the pics it's just quicker to send them to someone any I'll try
  7.    #47  
    even a junk email would be fine just so I can send them to any of you to see let me know
  8.    #48  
    give me a junk mail email and I'll email them to you
    Quote Originally Posted by anus1220 View Post
    Why are there still no pictures?! Use the "[IMG]" tag!
    Quote Originally Posted by chadking View Post
    I have pics just pm me your email address and I'll send the damn pics I'm not a bozo and I'd appreciate an apology I actually was just trying to let my fellow friends on here to know that it can happen I could have had a serious fire that thought alone is why I even started this thread so neway I'll see what I can do with posting the pics it's just quicker to send them to someone any I'll try
    he's not calling you a bozo he's saying sometimes people request pics to ensure that a poster isn't making things up and is therefore a "bozo"

I for one believe you and susspect that many others do as well.

now that said, how did things turn out today? Did you return the cords?
  10.    #50  
    actually thanks to HardBeatz palm corp called me and are sending me a new cord for free and thay want me to send them the bad one so they make sgure it never happens again incase there was a flaw
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    he's not calling you a bozo he's saying sometimes people request pics to ensure that a poster isn't making things up and is therefore a "bozo"

I for one believe you and susspect that many others do as well.

now that said, how did things turn out today? Did you return the cords?
    Hey everyone. I received chadking's pics and am posting them here for everyone to see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I guess we are too good at taking macro shots either.

I see no burn marks. But I see a really clear picture of a steering wheel in the background...
    Quote Originally Posted by chadking View Post
    actually thanks to HardBeatz palm corp called me and are sending me a new cord for free and thay want me to send them the bad one so they make sgure it never happens again incase there was a flaw
    that's great to hear, glad they are so on top of it!

hope that helps calm your wife too
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    What is with the pics in the car? This happened on a pc? I've tried to follow this thread but something just seems odd. Even the frayed cord (in a car) looks clean with no heat or flame damage. Strange.
  15.    #55  
    she's definitely happy now not very calm though because she's 6months pregnant with my first son and thanks for posting the pics I took them with my pre sorry the qualitys not the best btw the cords black your not going to see scorch marks LOL but any hoo hope you can see enough to understand I was being truthful
  16.    #56  
    I was in my car smoking and I had the cord in there to return I always do my app cat,preware,precentral from my phone while outside smoking cause the wife gets kinda ****y she says I'm on my phone all the time so instead I just smoke more LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by irondust View Post
    What is with the pics in the car? This happened on a pc? I've tried to follow this thread but something just seems odd. Even the frayed cord (in a car) looks clean with no heat or flame damage. Strange.
    Edit: Nevermind. Seems probable. I'm pretty sure this falls under 1% of all problems reported.
  18.    #58  
    the cord seems frayed because when it melted/sparked/smoked/flamed that is what was left after I blew it out just thought I'd mention that
  19.    #59  
    well first and foremost oooooook 3 out of 8 pics you can clearly see my kitchen table so unless I drive my house to work I'd say those where not all taken in my car and if you read a little I post on here when I'm in the car smoking as I am now
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Why are all the pictures in the car? I say the TC lives in a house of lies. Where he plugs his phone up to a PC of lies, with a cord of lies.
  20.    #60  
    FYI too the palm tech said he'd never heard of that in 5 yrs at palm but defitly wanted to make shure it would never happen again for safetys sake so anyway thanks for all the input guys I really appreciate it see ya
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast