1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. Ok so Im going to admit right off the bat here that I have no idea what kernals or over clocking is or what they do. Now that we have that out of the way what is the safest way to get rid of the too many card errors on my Pre? Its become a serious PITA lately and I cant take it anymore. I wanted to wait until after the next update before doing anything but since that update is MIA at the moment Im done waiting. I would like something that is easy to reverse once the update does come out. Ive searched and seen a few options most of which I dont understand so Im looking for some expert advice. Any help would be great.

Melissa
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    Hi everyone. Ok so Im going to admit right off the bat here that I have no idea what kernals or over clocking is or what they do. Now that we have that out of the way what is the safest way to get rid of the too many card errors on my Pre? Its become a serious PITA lately and I cant take it anymore. I wanted to wait until after the next update before doing anything but since that update is MIA at the moment Im done waiting. I would like something that is easy to reverse once the update does come out. Ive searched and seen a few options most of which I dont understand so Im looking for some expert advice. Any help would be great.

Melissa
    IMO, you have 4 options
    1:Read up on Uberkernel and govnah threads. Plus google overclocking> Then take the plunge to OC and enable compcache
    2:Same as 1 but dont oc and just enable compcache. (Expect some lag though if you have many cards open and are not OCd)
    3:Manually enable swap space to be used, I think a thread once existed.
    4:Regular reboots
    first you can delete all long chat sessions they tend to use up ram memory and slow down the phone. also you can delete email thats not needed and make sure you you empty the trash folders because they will slow down the phone to. then there is the homebrew app jstop and of course you can overclock your phone but you will need to read up on how to do the homebrew apps and patches.

http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    do you have preware? If so then download uberkernel and govnah. Turn on compcache using govnah and tmc should be gone.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    do you have preware? If so then download uberkernel and govnah. Turn on compcache using govnah and tmc should be gone.
    I do have preware yes and several patches but no theme. For email I have only two accounts and I delete every email as soon as it comes. My question is how do I reverse this when the update comes? Just delete uberkernal and govnah?
    the same as any other app or patch . you open preware and uninstall it . or delete which ever applies .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    Ok thank you all for the info. I'm going to give it a shot. Rebooting several times a day has gotta end!
  8.    #8  
    I installed both. The only change I made with govnah is I enabled compcache. Do I leave the compcache memlimit at 16mb? That's all I have to do?
    Before all the OC options were available i used to use JStop (and still do) It will also help with the dreaded TMC errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    I installed both. The only change I made with govnah is I enabled compcache. Do I leave the compcache memlimit at 16mb? That's all I have to do?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2529170

read post number 420.....errade explains the different settings for different users.
  11.    #11  
    Great! Thanks for that. Sounds like a trial/error thing to decide which setting is best.
    thanks that was very helpful info, when i updated govnah, i saw compcache, i always thought it was something new i had to download, i never turn it to true, after reading the new info its up and im using 64,,,Thank big time
    ok so next question, when i put on 96mb and hit appy setting it doesn't stay it goes back to 64mb any answers y?
    one thing you need to do once u have govnah installed is to go the the menu (click upper left of screen) and go to preferences, then make sure that "update launcher icon" is set to no....otherwise when u ope the app catalog it will blink and lag. also since you just started using it it's important to keep an eye on the processor temp in govnah to make sure your processor doesn't overheat. i remember seeing somewhere what the ideal temp is but i cant remember where....but mine usually stays between 32* and 45* or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    IMO, you have 4 options
    1:Read up on Uberkernel and govnah threads. Plus google overclocking> Then take the plunge to OC and enable compcache
    2:Same as 1 but dont oc and just enable compcache. (Expect some lag though if you have many cards open and are not OCd)
    3:Manually enable swap space to be used, I think a thread once existed.
    4:Regular reboots
    Nice work Pip!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    one thing you need to do once u have govnah installed is to go the the menu (click upper left of screen) and go to preferences, then make sure that "update launcher icon" is set to no....otherwise when u ope the app catalog it will blink and lag. also since you just started using it it's important to keep an eye on the processor temp in govnah to make sure your processor doesn't overheat. i remember seeing somewhere what the ideal temp is but i cant remember where....but mine usually stays between 32* and 45* or so.
    If it starts to overheat what do I do? It hasnt gone above 38 that Ive seen yet.

The only time Ive had to reboot since doing all of this last night is today I could not send/rec mms messages for some reason. Tried several times and kept getting errors. After a few hours and a couple battery pulls I finally got it working. Doubt that has anything to do with this though. Normally I would have to reboot at least 5 times by now so Im quite happy!
    if it does get kinda hot i'll usually just stop using it for a few minutes and the temp will go back down, if for some reason that doesnt help u could maybe try turning it off for a few mins, i've never had to do that though so u shouldnt have a problem.