Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I would say "working fine" is relative when you talk about AT&T service.

Also one of the reasons ATT network is so bad (data clogged and voice problems) has been at least somewhat linked to the fact that Data and Voice is traveling over the same bandwidth.
    The AT&T network is not as bad as its reputation would suggest. Part of the problem is the iPhone's RF performance. The iPhone 4 is much better in this regard (as long as you hold it right).

The problems in NY and SF were caused by AT&T not understanding how popular the iPhone would be in those markets.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    The AT&T network is not as bad as its reputation would suggest. Part of the problem is the iPhone's RF performance. The iPhone 4 is much better in this regard (as long as you hold it right).

The problems in NY and SF were caused by AT&T not understanding how popular the iPhone would be in those markets.
    Uhmmm my whole family is on ATT, and I was long ago now.

It is bad. This included one iPhone, smart/feature phones, and dumb phones. Over the years they have had way more problems than I have. Not saying some folks don't have better experience with ATT, but my service and coverage is better for less cost. I also have two close friends on ATT w/ iPhones. The majority of the people I know aren't on Sprint.... so I get a lot of info.

And you can't argue that GSM in general and the way it handles data and voice together can cause bandwidth issues when traffic spikes.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12