1.    #1  
    I am currently a BB user and am not that thrilled with it. Please tell me why the palm pre + is good!

I really not use apps all that much as I haven't found the need to yet...at this time it is more for personal use.

I text a little, check my e-mail and TRY to browse the internet. I am a student and plan to be a nursing student within the next year...interested in how this phone can help with that have seen some posts regarding differnt apps available.

I would like to be able to watch videos or shows on hulu netflix etc. Can you do this with this phone?

Also I have verizon and I saw something about moblie hot spot. What is this? Can I link somthing to my laptop that is Wifi capable and get the internet without an extra charge?
    Quote Originally Posted by icesk8ermom View Post
    I am currently a BB user and am not that thrilled with it. Please tell me why the palm pre + is good!

I really not use apps all that much as I haven't found the need to yet...at this time it is more for personal use.

I text a little, check my e-mail and TRY to browse the internet. I am a student and plan to be a nursing student within the next year...interested in how this phone can help with that have seen some posts regarding differnt apps available.

I would like to be able to watch videos or shows on hulu netflix etc. Can you do this with this phone?

Also I have verizon and I saw something about moblie hot spot. What is this? Can I link somthing to my laptop that is Wifi capable and get the internet without an extra charge?

i have just a plain old pre and i love it lol the UI is great,as 4 hulu i do not think its available yet due 2 no flash but do not quote me on that lol and yes mobile hotspot u can connect a laptop or any wireless internet device 2 the pre/pre+
    Epocrates is a well regarded medicine reference app.

no Hulu or netflix at this time.

yes, with mobile hotspot, you can use this phone as a free wireless router and your laptop can connect to it just like connecting to a wifi hotspot. I think its still free on verizon.

No hulu or netflix yet, but we expect Adobe to release Flash soon that will allow this. Of course you can load up .mp4 videos (movies) and they are great. Load up a couple of thousand songs and use it like an .mp3 player.

Yes, the Mobile Hotspot is free with Verizon. You can connect your laptop wirelessly and cruise the Internet. It's awesome.

There are a few thousand apps and you should find a lot of good ones. If you use Google email, your contacts and calender will automatically sync with the Pre. There are a number of medical apps. You can also read books on your Pre. Now with HP buying Palm, it is only going to get better. And the extra memory on the Pre+ really helps.

Hope I sold you, ha-ha. I've "sold" about seven to friends/relatives.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts

Why do we constantly have these stupid threads? Do we look like salesmen? Go and buy a frigin Pre+, if you like it keep it if not, well u know what to do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Why do we constantly have these stupid threads? Do we look like salesmen? Go and buy a frigin Pre+, if you like it keep it if not, well u know what to do...
    no were not sales men but i personaly would like 2 help ppl see the pre/pre+ 4 wat it is and its an excelent phone
    I carry a Sprint Pre and BB Tour (work).

I truly like my BB. I LOVE my Pre.

Given a choice between one or the other....I'd go Pre with no second thoughts.
  8.    #8  
    The reason I do not want to go get one is if I decide it is not for me....it cost $35.00+ to switch to a different phone and a pain in the **** to do so! I tried the centro before and didn't like it much and exchanged it but do not recall why I did not like it....that's why I asked the stupid question. I have done such research but don't really understand all the info and was hoping to get things clarified.

Can someone explain what OS is compared to whatever I have on my BB?

I think I could live without netflix or hulu if I can watch it on my laptop via using my phones Wifi...

How about facebook and Myspace? I use my BB to monitor my daughters activity on these sites while I am at work or away from home.
    How about facebook and Myspace? I use my BB to monitor my daughters activity on these sites while I am at work or away from home.

There is a Facebook app and many times when no app exists yet, many sites have created a mobile version of their site so that the site can be viewed on a smartphone. It's not as good as an actual app but it is the next best thing and there is a mobile version of MySpace (m.myspace.com). When no actual app exists yet, I have bookmarked and saved many a mobile version of a web page and placed that link on my launcher page. Don't worry, if you get a pre plus (I've had my Verizon Pre Plus now since early May and love it) some of the terms (i.e, launcher) will become familiar to you and the people on this site have been instrumental in helping me get my Pre Plus configured, patched, themed and a whole lot of other fun you'll come to know if you get one!
    The reason I do not want to go get one is if I decide it is not for me....it cost $35.00+ to switch to a different phone and a pain in the **** to do so! I tried the centro before and didn't like it much and exchanged it but do not recall why I did not like it....that's why I asked the stupid question. I have done such research but don't really understand all the info and was hoping to get things clarified.
    No worries. Like mama used to say "There are no stupid questions.. only stupid responders"