Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pastorich1
  1. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Just curious, does anyone know why searching on youtube on my phone gives different results than searching youtube on my computer? I notice this mostly when I look up music videos, on my phone I can never find the official songs, just remixes.
    Some videos aren't optimized for mobile use. I know this because if I can't find a video on the YouTube app, I use m.youtube.com and it shows the video's page, but says "Not available for Mobile".
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkjmk View Post
    Just curious, does anyone know why searching on youtube on my phone gives different results than searching youtube on my computer? I notice this mostly when I look up music videos, on my phone I can never find the official songs, just remixes.
    Get the YouTube Mini app from the app catalog, the searches all match perfectly and offers all the same browsing categories and options.
    kataran likes this.
    yea just open your browser and go to youtube.com it will automatically take u to there touchscreen page... u can even sign in to your account so u can follow subscriptions and recommended videos and search like normal
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkjmk View Post
    Three reasons:

1) Some videos are marked as Not Available for Syndication. Videos marked this way are not playable on mobile devices and will not show up in the search.

2) Google/Youtube goes through and marks things such as music videos as unavailable for syndication because music companies think you're stupid enough to buy it for $2 from iTMS instead. This is similar to how Hulu thinks you'll pay $10 a month to watch videos on your iPod or that they can block Boxee from accessing it because it wants you to pay $10 a month for the privilege of watching Hulu on your television from their approved devices, when you already have PlayOn and have been streaming Hulu to your PS3 for months now.

3) The native YT app is a load of crap and will often times return you 0 results for no discernible reason.
    Last edited by malpha; 07/13/2010 at 04:51 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  6. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Thanks for the answers guys!
    is anyone getting the YouTube can't find video message when they try to bring up a known vid but it shows up under your history or found in related videos??
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Get the YouTube Mini app from the app catalog, the searches all match perfectly and offers all the same browsing categories and options.
    i downloaded the mini...and found the videos i was looking for but upon opening the youtube app it says youtube cant find the video....

i need to download these videos to my drive and love the download patch but its useless if i cant bring up the video
    32G Touchpad
    ok....I broke out the mighty Veer and had no problem finding the videos I was looking for

is there a bug on my pre2 running 2.1.0????
    32G Touchpad
    ok.....damage control...my veer took care of some of my needs but two videos were the wrong format so I downloaded Youtube Downloader HD and then converted them to mp4 using handbrake and transfered them to my pre2
    32G Touchpad