1.    #1  
    I have been waitting now 6 weeks for an exchange and still it's backed orderd and I can't make in or outgoing calls, fades out after 30 sec.
    I am with bell and there is nothing they will do for me , unless I pay $40 for old loanner phone and monthly fees of $15 to $30 per month until I get the exchanged. Witch will be long time before palm has phones for exchanges.
    this suck and sick of exchanges
    hust!!
    A. Hardwick 3rd
    Well, this is what happens when Palm produces terrible phones. I'm on my third Pre, and soon to be my fourth. They break for no reason at all. My phone shuts off randomly for no reason, the volume turns itself all the way down by itself... Leaving the ringer on my phone completely useless. This also affects the earpiece and speaker phone as well, so calls are pointless on this phone. I wish I hadn't been duped into buying this garbage, but now I'm stuck with it until my contract runs out, or I stumble upon lots of money randomly to pay for the early de-activation fee. I'm fed-up with Palm AND Sprint. By far the worst experience I've had with a provider/phone manufacturer.
    Quote Originally Posted by noscopeheadshot View Post
    Well, this is what happens when Palm produces terrible phones. I'm on my third Pre, and soon to be my fourth. They break for no reason at all. My phone shuts off randomly for no reason, the volume turns itself all the way down by itself... Leaving the ringer on my phone completely useless. This also affects the earpiece and speaker phone as well, so calls are pointless on this phone. I wish I hadn't been duped into buying this garbage, but now I'm stuck with it until my contract runs out, or I stumble upon lots of money randomly to pay for the early de-activation fee. I'm fed-up with Palm AND Sprint. By far the worst experience I've had with a provider/phone manufacturer.
    Yeah, once I get a new job, I'm switching back to Verizon. It'll be $30 more a month and not happy about the gimped GPS, but I never worried about the service ever. Always had a signal, no matter where I went. Sprint, the moment you walk inside a building, it's all over.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    my palm pre has been so far so good. nothing wrong not breaking! 10 months!
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yeah, once I get a new job, I'm switching back to Verizon. It'll be $30 more a month and not happy about the gimped GPS, but I never worried about the service ever. Always had a signal, no matter where I went. Sprint, the moment you walk inside a building, it's all over.
    I'm actually gonna switch to AT&T. I know that's kind of like a curse word around here, but I don't care. I'm gonna get the iPhone. I bashed it since it came out, but the fact remains that they know what they're doing (for the most part) when it comes to smart phones. It pains me to do it, but it has to be done.
    Well I'm with Sprint and I'm still on launch (well two months after) day Pre with no issues from Sprint or Palm. I have friends who HAD a Pre and complained constantly about the phone. Only real complaint that was valid was it was slow (overclock solves that). I also noticed why they got replacement or 'broke' theirs before going EVO. They beat on the phone when it wasn't responding to them as they thought it should. When I mean beat...i mean hitting the screen like they are alittle kid playing PS3 or XBox. Then they had the nerve to say the screen is broke...go figure! Already one of my friends is on the androids sites complaining about it....i told him he was going to have the same issue if he beat on it no matter what phone he gets and I was right. IMO a majority or @ least an average of users complaining about the Pre mistreat it in some form or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    Well I'm with Sprint and I'm still on launch (well two months after) day Pre with no issues from Sprint or Palm. I have friends who HAD a Pre and complained constantly about the phone. Only real complaint that was valid was it was slow (overclock solves that). I also noticed why they got replacement or 'broke' theirs before going EVO. They beat on the phone when it wasn't responding to them as they thought it should. When I mean beat...i mean hitting the screen like they are alittle kid playing PS3 or XBox. Then they had the nerve to say the screen is broke...go figure! Already one of my friends is on the androids sites complaining about it....i told him he was going to have the same issue if he beat on it no matter what phone he gets and I was right. IMO a majority or @ least an average of users complaining about the Pre mistreat it in some form or another.
    All of my Pres have been taken extremely good care of. They have all had invisibleSHIELDS on them, plus a plastic case on top of that. Never dropped, never any where NEAR water. There's no reason for, they just break. Unless I'm just extremely unlucky, but like I said, this is the only phone I've ever had this problem with.
    Curious -- this is the original Palm Pre -- not the Pre+ right? Is it possible just a problem with Bell? I would call Palm directly and complain, perhaps they can get you one quicker than Bell (and if not it might divulge what their plans are in a post-Pre world, well post original Pre world anyway).

Just wondering if Palm might finally be running out of the original Pres. It's been rumored on here those are no longer being manufactured, but have never seen proof they aren't.
    I am with Sprint and have had a few real Pre hardware issues but in every case they took care of it (a new replacement) without any cost to me and in the same day. I love my Pre and can't complain at all about the service I have received from Sprint. In fact I love WebOS so much that I bought a new Pre, a new Pixi and a gently used Pixi all this past weekend for my kids.
    Probably not ...but denying the consistant hardware issues at least on the SPrint Palm Pre seems to be the thing to do.

I have a Pre and really haven't complained about the issues too much but i'm on my 4th all for different reasons.

My gf's Pre had a problem then every replacements thus far has had one. Her current one the Power button broke when it dropped from the bed to our floor. Is it abuse? Sure...but did her power button break from normal use last time? Yes.

Luckily my current one doesn't have physical issues (Well the spacebar doesn't feel great but not enough to make me swap). But still love the random software issues i get.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I've had great luck with my Pre! This is my 3rd one, but the first one had the battery loose issue, they replaced the whole thing for it. The 2nd one I used for about 10 months and then the usb door broke off. I brought it in, and they swapped it out, at Sprint with no questions. (it took a day for them to get my replacement in)
    Now that I have my new refurb and am out of warranty, I'm trying Uberkernal and Guvnah as well as some of the patches that are available. So far, I'm impressed with most. I've ALWAYS used a screen protector and recently bought a slider case for mine recently. even my refurb has been great quality.
    I can't wait to see what Palm gets to release for us Sprint faithful!
    Palm user since my Palm Pilot Pro (B'day present 13 years ago, which I still have!) Previous devices include: IBM Workpad M100, C505, Palm i705, Palm Tungeston, 650, 680, and currently Pre! (There'll be more, I know it!)
    Still using my Original Palm Pre from June 6th 2009, also bought 1 more Pre and two more Pixi's for my kids, zero issues never had to return any of them.
    same pre since jan here, it's still perfect, just scratched up lol. (did have an issues or two with the earlier phones lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by noscopeheadshot View Post
    I'm actually gonna switch to AT&T. I know that's kind of like a curse word around here, but I don't care. I'm gonna get the iPhone. I bashed it since it came out, but the fact remains that they know what they're doing (for the most part) when it comes to smart phones. It pains me to do it, but it has to be done.
    Have fun with your crappy antenna reception! lol