1.    #1  
    Ok guys this has been going on for a while now, and its starting to really **** me off....

so i hope someone can tell me if there is a good fix..

seems when i have a client call me, and then i go to sms them, it wont work, when i try and add them to my contacts list, it will allow me to do so, but the information in the call log doesnt change to reflect me adding them, Also i can NOT send SMS that contact, EVER, cant delete them and re do it, i cant do anything with that contact anymore....

any suggestions to what is going on, and why this is happening, and how to fix it

Thanks agian
    you know you have to tap the sms bubble not the number? I didn't realize that at first. I was always tapping the number.

perhaps you have a bad record in your contacts, if it doesn't work? My call history never updates past calls, just new ones after adding the contact. Are you syncing with an internet service or exchange?
  3.    #3  
    yes i know how to send msg's thnx......

i think its more along the bad record, thats what i have been seeing on the web...

i found a post that says i have to doctor my phone to restore the os so it will fix the problem... but i dont want to risk loosing anything.

Is there any other options to fixing this?
    I had the same issue and I had to remove application by application starting with the last one until the issue whent away.

I could not add or send a TXT msg with some contacts and then some other s no problem.

every time I removed an application i will try to send a TT with a known trouble contact until it when away. No more problem from now
  5.    #5  
    problem is, i didnt add any new apps....

what did you find was the last app you removed before you got this to work? maybe i have that same app, and maybe its causing the issue
    Webdr is the solution that many have been using. It's a bug within the OS. I've read other threads about this same issue but it's been a while since I've seen them.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    You can also always try Jason's "WebOS Repair Utility"... its a good first-step BEFORE a doctor to try and repair any OS files first..
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  8.    #8  
    does anyone have a link to his repair? im using the most up to date os..... if that matters

cheers
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  10.    #10  
    just ran it, found a few errors, but the problem is still here... any other suggestions?
    You have any contacts that have symbols in the name or uncommon characters?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  12.    #12  
    nope, normal regular name
    Did you try clearing your call history?

unfortunately, I don't know how to export the contacts to make searching for a bad entry easier. I find it easier to look for entry errors in a csv file.

You could trial sync software to get it into outlook and look for errors that way. It may be more trouble than doctoring and re-installing though.
    Last edited by frantid; 07/13/2010 at 01:02 PM. Reason: typo
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I've not used it, but there's a patch, Send All Contacts via Email, that will create a vCard file containing all your contacts, and then attach that file to an email. Could prove useful
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers