1.    #1  
    Hi everyone, I jus bought my bell pre about 3 weeks ago, and I seriously love it to death. However I've already had to exchange it twice already, because the phone would turn off when I closed the slider. The pre I have right now is amazing, I overclocked it and everything however it has an oreo of about 3mm when its closed... I was just wondering, should I exchange for a new one and take the risk of getting a worse one? I only have 5 more days until its a month, and I don't want a refurb if that one sucks. Thanks!!
    Hey, During a palm-cast we decided that anything more then 2mm is too much, 1mm move is very common, but if you Pre is new and already have a 3mm oreo, That seems like it will only get worse.

I have been lucky that every Pre in my family is in perfect working order.

questions for you. When you replace the Pre do they show you the phone they are going to give you or do they give you another crappy phone until the new one is in.? I would check out the next phone if possible before handing over the one you have..
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 07/13/2010 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Exchange is a month now? Wow, didn't know that. Always thought it was 15 days.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  4.    #4  
    Well, now that I measured it, I guess the oreo is about 1mm... Would an otterbox or another case be able to sop it from oreoing?

@tonicipiani the lady gave me 30 days to decide whether I wanted it or not... Its the $30 a month bell plan where you get $20 off a data plan/month.
  5. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I would get the GRT case from AGF. There is a thread about it. I have two, one for me and one for my wife, and it completely stops the oreo effect. Plus it is touchstone compatible.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    I would get the GRT case from AGF. There is a thread about it. I have two, one for me and one for my wife, and it completely stops the oreo effect. Plus it is touchstone compatible.
    Sprint and VZW also sell the same exact cases.

I would check online (amazon, ebay, and the carriers to check for sales).... you should be able to find one for a decent price. The sprint ones were showing up on ebay below MSRP (even after shipping back in October). Case is awesome both the wife and I use the Sprint version but have yet to hear of any difference between the various brandings of this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by wongwongben View Post
    Well, now that I measured it, I guess the oreo is about 1mm... Would an otterbox or another case be able to sop it from oreoing?

@tonicipiani the lady gave me 30 days to decide whether I wanted it or not... Its the $30 a month bell plan where you get $20 off a data plan/month.
    And now the discount is $20???

Website still says $15. If it's true then boy did I get shafted.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

8.    #8  
    lol I live in canada, so I'm probably going to be paying alot for this case, not that I mind though if anyone has one for sale or knows a place with a sale please tell me.

@toni yea I pay $30 a month, I spent 45 minyes acting with my girlfriend to get that and caller ID. The lady had to call and talk to someone and also said in 3 months my bundling discount would apply making it $25 which isn't much more then a voice plan.

thanks everyone for your help!!!
    Oh OK, I thought you meant you just had that, so it's bundling. Now it make sense. I thought you meant they bumped the Pre discount to $20.

I thought you were talking about this discount:
    Bell Mobility – 3G Palm Pre

10.    #10  
    @tony... I think she did give me $20 off, she said bundling would come in 2-3 months, and i would save $5 more. Therefore i would only be paying 25$ a month ($50[orig]-$20[disc]-$5[bund])
    Store? Location?

Quote Originally Posted by Shafty84 View Post
    thank you
    lol wut

Any confirmation on the $20 off deal? I just picked up a Pre today at the $15 off deal, I asked the rep and they said they couldn't find any info on this.

With an expiring contract and using the threat of cancellation I got them to throw in free Caller ID, voice mail and early evenings and weekends. So even if there is a $20 off deal I think I did okay.