1.    #1  
    My patches are not working.

I received a replacement phone. I installed preware on the phone. When I go to preware on the phone, no patches are available. When I use webOS quickinstall I keep receiving the above error message along with http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precentral/packages.gz then Error: Invalid feed URL. I keep receiving the same error message when I open tweaks on webOS quickinstall. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Today when I try to access preware on my phone it keeps saying Error: The service is not running. First try restarting Preware, or reboot your phone and try again. I rebooted my phone and it still is not working.

HELP PLEASE. The patches were working fine before I received the replacement phone. I went through all of the instructions again to make sure I have everything and I do. Yesterday, I used webDoctor to reset the phone and start over but it still is not working.

I tried Emergency Patch Recovery, Installer and Reconstruction Utility. I would consider myself to be Beginner/Intermediate with computers.
    What version of Preware are you installing?

I've given up on WebOS Quick Install as far as Tweaks and Themes, I'm always getting feed errors.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    What version of Preware are you installing?

I've given up on WebOS Quick Install as far as Tweaks and Themes, I'm always getting feed errors.
    I have Preware v1.1.4 and Luna Manager v0.0.5.
    Strange that you would get a service error with that version of Preware as the service is now built in.
    Try removing both Preware and Luna Manager, reboot the phone, then install only Preware. If that works, download Luna Manager via Preware.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by twiniirich View Post
    My patches are not working.

I received a replacement phone. I installed preware on the phone. When I go to preware on the phone, no patches are available. When I use webOS quickinstall I keep receiving the above error message along with [url] then Error: Invalid feed URL. I keep receiving the same error message when I open tweaks on webOS quickinstall. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Today when I try to access preware on my phone it keeps saying Error: The service is not running. First try restarting Preware, or reboot your phone and try again. I rebooted my phone and it still is not working.

HELP PLEASE. The patches were working fine before I received the replacement phone. I went through all of the instructions again to make sure I have everything and I do. Yesterday, I used webDoctor to reset the phone and start over but it still is not working.

I tried Emergency Patch Recovery, Installer and Reconstruction Utility. I would consider myself to be Beginner/Intermediate with computers.
    I'm pretty sure the feeds are down at the moment. Webos-internals is working on it. Check their twitter feed for updates.

By the way you don't need package manager for the newest versions of Preware.
    Preware should be unaffected:

Quote Originally Posted by webos-internals twitter
    *.webos-internals.org will be down for at least 10 hours until we can get someone there to physically power cycle it. Preware unaffected.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  7.    #7  
    Strange that you would get a service error with that version of Preware as the service is now built in.
    Try removing both Preware and Luna Manager, reboot the phone, then install only Preware. If that works, download Luna Manager via Preware.
    Ok. I just went to updates on my phone and it says I need to install Palm 1.4.1.1.

When I first got the replacement phone and entered my Palm login info. none of my apps where there like Spades, facebook, etc.... Yesterday when I did the webDoctor and entered my Palm login info. all my apps came back that I had previously. I wonder if the webDoctor switched it back to Palm webOS 1.2.1. I have Palm webOS 1.2.1. So, I will remove Preware and Luna Mgr and then install Palm webOS 1.4.1.1 and then install preware again. If it works I will install Luna Mgr via preware.

I will let you know what happens.
    I think you just found your problem

If you'd prefer to download WebOS Doctor and go that route tell me which Phone/Carrier you're on and I'll provide the url for it.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  9.    #9  
    I think you just found your problem

If you'd prefer to download WebOS Doctor and go that route tell me which Phone/Carrier you're on and I'll provide the url for it.
    Should I download preware using PrewareInstaller-0.9.4.jar or use webOS quickinstall?
    Download self installer for 1.1.0 from HERE
    Or you could try thru WebOS Quick Install, your choice . WebOS Quick Install has version 1.1.4, so I'd go that route.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  11.    #11  
    Download self installer for 1.1.0 from HERE
    Or you could try thru WebOS Quick Install, your choice . WebOS Quick Install has version 1.1.4, so I'd go that route.
    I have webOS quickinstall v3.14. I'm working with preware installer right now, using the link you gave me. I will let you know the outcome.
  12.    #12  
    How long does it take for preware installer to install? Do I need to download the exe and jar file?
  13.    #13  
    Ok. The exe file was taking a long time. So, I hit the jar file and it installed. I will let you know the outcome.
  14.    #14  
    Ok. Now my phone is like sleep or something I can see the wallpaper but it looks I need to put in my password but there is no ball to slide up the screen to unlock the screen. What should I do? Its like frozen I think... I took the usb cable otu and put it back in, I can't even select just charge. I just hit sym, orange button and r to reset the phone. I will check to see if preware is on there and get back to you.
    If that doesn't work for ya, make sure you remove Preware, and I would install Preware v1.1.4 available via WebOS Quick Install.
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/13/2010 at 12:37 PM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  16.    #16  
    If that doesn't work for ya, make sure you remove Preware, and I would install Preware v1.1.4 available via WebOS Quick Install.
    OMG! I see the patches now. Thanks you so much for walking me through the process. I really appreciate it. If there is anything I can do let me know.

Blessed!