1.    #1  
    So im here in the valley taking care of my granpa for 2 weeks, he had shoulder replacement surgery this past week. Hes had a pre for Months and loved it and when he introduced he pre i loved it, but i was stuck in a verizon contract. so im here and hes complaining constantly about it freezing, his preware doesnt work and its a piece of <<edit by mid>> basically. so he had been doing research on the evo4g and the droids(oh no!!!) so now, i have a pre plus and im pretty tech savy so i tell him i can try to fix it all up with some patches like uber kernel and govnah. so as im installing preware its not working and is saying error connect, and hes like i know its a p.o.s. so i have to download the other preware installer, and boo yah its all good and installed. i patched his speed to the stable 720 speed and he instantly saw the difference and was playing around. then discovered the awesomeness of preware and the apps he can download, for free aswell like ringtones, his stock and email. needless to say he wont be looking at any new phones anymore.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/13/2010 at 06:55 AM.
    You're Grandpa introduced you to the Pre and Preware? Pretty cool dude.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    make sure you are installing the correct preware for his carrier.

there is a sticky preware thread where the devs monitor and provide support.
    How young are you that your grandfather has a smartphone?! LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    My grandfather has an iPhone.

He was born in 1933.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post

He was born in 1933.
    Wouldn't that be a Model T-phone?

OP.. great story! Pretty cool that he's tech-savvy and loving the Pre. Actually, you really don't have to be tech-savvy for webOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post

He was born in 1933.
    Hence why I was asking how young the OP was, since you're young, too.
  8.    #8  
    haha im 19 and 20 in a few months, but he always seems to stay on top of tech stuff. hes 71 this year lol
  9.    #9  
    yea i am, he had some weird one on there idk what it was, so i deleted it and installed the correct one, which is the one i had used to install preware on my phone.
    Who's mid?
    The only problem with putting new kernals on someone else's phone is what happens when the next OTA update gets released and they are unaware that the kernal needs to be removed first?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    I'm a grandfather, and I have a smartphone...

Edit (after reading further) - but I was born much later than 1933...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm a grandfather, and I have a smartphone...

Edit (after reading further) - but I was born much later than 1933...
    Haha, yeah, if you had kids young and those kids had kids young, you could be a young grandfather, but I'm talking traditional age.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    The only problem with putting new kernals on someone else's phone is what happens when the next OTA update gets released and they are unaware that the kernal needs to be removed first?
    uberkernel is OTA safe
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --