Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Hello all,

Since a few days my GSM Pre has increasingly been showing a strange behaviour that has me worried about its survival.

After a few moments use (the time varies) I start seeing ripples on the screen indicating taps I didn't do. The tap/swipes are all over the screen (though mostly lower right corner) and continue until I lock the screen. After unlocking the screen I can work normally for a short while before the fenomenon kicks in again. The worst was yesterday when the random sequence made the Pre start to open apps and move them about in the launcher. It took me a while to find all apps that had moved and move them back.

There are various possible explanations that came to my mind:
    - virus? On a PC I would consider this, but I didn't even connect the Pre to my wireless recently and I have no data in my GSM subscription.
    - software problem? some bug in the OS that has surfaced for some reason?
    - hardware problem? Either temporary because the Pre cannot cope with the heat we have been having the last few days here in Belgium (extreme for Belgium, but hardly so on a global scale). But now that things are cooler the problem is still there. Or is the problem permanent and I will start to look for a way to have it fixed (not obvious since I bought it nearly new second hand imported from Germany?)

Anybody here had the same problem or heard about someone having this problem?

Tx in advance for any pointers!!

Wim
    Touchpad 32GB and German O2 unlocked Palm Pre sharing the same profile
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Thanks!! I tried searching for a thread on the topic, but my English must have been too inadequate to identify the proper words to form the search clause required to find the appropriate thread...

Wim
    Touchpad 32GB and German O2 unlocked Palm Pre sharing the same profile