1.    #1  
    I just received a replacement Touchstone and Backcase from Palm since I was having issues with the original ones I had. The touchstone would work about 50% of the time and the other times it would do nothing. I thought it might be the touchstone or the case but I have replaced both and the charging is still inconsistent! If I plug the phone directly into the connector it charges fine. Could it be the battery or perhaps something installed on the phone that may be causing this? Phone has updated version of Preware if that helps. Anyone else ever have a similar issue? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kegger18 View Post
    I just received a replacement Touchstone and Backcase from Palm since I was having issues with the original ones I had. The touchstone would work about 50% of the time and the other times it would do nothing. I thought it might be the touchstone or the case but I have replaced both and the charging is still inconsistent! If I plug the phone directly into the connector it charges fine. Could it be the battery or perhaps something installed on the phone that may be causing this? Phone has updated version of Preware if that helps. Anyone else ever have a similar issue? Thanks
    1.) make sure you are inserting the wire all the way into the touchstone, it sometimes feels like its in but isn't, push till you here a 'click'.
    2.) make sure the connecters from the phone to the 'backcase' are not bent, i had one phone that had bent connectors after strightning them out it started working again.

see attachment image: the blue highligted pary is where the connectors are.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by abegee; 07/12/2010 at 10:44 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Just popped off the back case and the prongs on the phone itself were went down. I straightened them out and put the case back on and it works fine now - hopefully it will solve my issues!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    If not take a voltmeter and measure then put the touchstone cover on the puck with no phone and measure the voltage on the 2 contacts the prongs are supposed to touch.
    Yeah, half of the time it's the Prongs.

I wonder how many Pres have been returned for not working with touchstones or for randomly switching off that could have been fixed in ten seconds by bending out touchstone or battery connector prongs.
    Hi!

i had the exact same issue a few days ago.
    The problem here was the USB cable! It started with a few "pongs" and after some days the phone didn't get charged when placed on the TouchStone.
    The SAME USB cable that was plugged in the Touchstone worked fine all the way when directly plugged in the phone.
    After taking another USB cable the Touchstone works fine now again.
    So at least for me, it was not the cover or the TouchStone, it was the USB cable...