Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    "The names in my Thread were modified on purpose to not show up in a Goggle Search under there true names." It will eventually show up as Google search is that good, I just like messing around.

    Who really cares anymore, yes WebOS could use some fixes but is HPalm WebOS really as far behind competitors as people make it seem?

    Goggle's AnFroid comes out with a new phone and update almost as much as I change up clothes and I still don't know anyone who is absolutely happy with any of there current versions.

    Aqqle's iFone is great for endless app's, but that's just it... You have to search through a bunch of garbage to find the one app you kinda like but with it did a little more. Plus Apple only comes out with updates that have taken idea's from Blueberry, Froid and HPalm.

    Blueberry
    well that system has... Well it has something alright. Oh wait, it had the majority of the entire corporate market, no matter what other companies say about being bigger RIMm is still the largest there.

    HPalm is great for the multitasking, Alert system, overall user experience... But the only thing it seems to me that is holding it back are great app's. Now is that really palms fault or are Developers just not into WebOS.
    Last edited by demetry14; 10/05/2010 at 08:08 PM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  2. #2  
    I think you have to look at it from a business perspective..all the companies you listed have a large installed user base than HPalm does. I think if another device is launched in the future that makes webos run more efficiently and wit less lag (which doesn't require a homebrew kernel to fix), you may see developers see webos's full potential. Until that time, it may be slow going for HPalm and it's followers.
  3. #3  
    If they launch it in other continents aside from N. America and Europe, that should increase their user base and entice the local developers as well.

    Problem solved. WebOS will really be the new PalmOS in terms of worldwide acceptance and popularity.
  4. #4  
    If you only change clothes when a new ANdroid phone is launched... eeewwwwwww.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  5. #5  
    YEs new updates are necessary. How will I ever be able to use my bluetooth watch with webOS if the never release the serial profile?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    YEs new updates are necessary. How will I ever be able to use my bluetooth watch with webOS if the never release the serial profile?
    Curious, which bluetooth watch you rocking? Or maybe you were being funny, just seeing more of them showing up. Not that they are common at all in NA but still waiting to see where that tech goes as our phones get more computer and less phone like....
  7. giggles's Avatar
    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #7  
    why dont u want it to show up on google
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    If they launch it in other continents aside from N. America and Europe, that should increase their user base and entice the local developers as well.

    Problem solved. WebOS will really be the new PalmOS in terms of worldwide acceptance and popularity.
    I like that the one thing that McKinney DID say yesterday was that HP is present in every market a company can legally be present in and intends on leveraging that presence.

    Parallel launch of future Palm devices on all carriers in all countries?
  9. #9  
    In that case,

    mind = blown

    ..
  10. #10  
    webOS Future Updates (Are they really necessary)...
    Ummmm, ya. For example the next webOS update will bring the ability to run hybrid applications (SDK/PDK). This is a big deal. I kind of want this and I'm thinking so do most webOS users. There are many more examples like this.

    As for the Google paranoia...what up with that?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I like that the one thing that McKinney DID say yesterday was that HP is present in every market a company can legally be present in and intends on leveraging that presence.

    Parallel launch of future Palm devices on all carriers in all countries?
    I like that too, what did he say something like 179 countries....
  12. #12  
    The idea is to be different not be the same. If we do things like other companies we don't stand out, sometimes it's a fine line between doing something different and doing something the same as everyone else. I think Palm is doing a fine job walking that line.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by maynardblue View Post
    I think you have to look at it from a business perspective..all the companies you listed have a large installed user base than HPalm does. I think if another device is launched in the future that makes webos run more efficiently and wit less lag (which doesn't require a homebrew kernel to fix), you may see developers see webos's full potential. Until that time, it may be slow going for HPalm and it's followers.
    I agree with your perspective.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    If you only change clothes when a new ANdroid phone is launched... eeewwwwwww.
    Hahahahahaha

    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Ummmm, ya. For example the next webOS update will bring the ability to run hybrid applications (SDK/PDK). This is a big deal. I kind of want this and I'm thinking so do most webOS users. There are many more examples like this.

    As for the Google paranoia...what up with that?
    Your right, but people think that there will be everything they ever wanted behind that door, and I am sure there are Developers behind that update but I am not sure they will be interested at that point. A person will only wait so long and then they will scrap there project and move on to another phone.

    No google paranoia. Just got bored and wanted to mess with the google search, only people currently on the forum will find this thread... as you all did.

    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The idea is to be different not be the same. If we do things like other companies we don't stand out, sometimes it's a fine line between doing something different and doing something the same as everyone else. I think Palm is doing a fine job walking that line.
    Yup yup. The best defense is difference, that is why I love my Pre and why some of my family members with iPhones & Android phones like my phone. Plus the fact that i am on a launch day Pre and they are on there 3rd/4th Android/iPhone.
    Last edited by demetry14; 07/13/2010 at 12:10 PM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  15. emuneee's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #15  
    Probably one of the more "sheltered" and "naive" threads I've seen. WebOS needs to continue to be updated. Platform competition is only heating up and there are features on other platforms that still aren't supported on WebOS.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The idea is to be different not be the same. If we do things like other companies we don't stand out, sometimes it's a fine line between doing something different and doing something the same as everyone else. I think Palm is doing a fine job walking that line.
    Riiiiiiiight, is this why we don't have voice dialing yet? :\

    But seriously, yes, THEY ARE NECESSARY. WebOS has a waaays to go. It's done a good job giving you a great way to use the phone and use the features, now it needs to add the actual features.

    Now is that really palms fault
    Yes, yes it is. More than year after the Pre is launched and NaNplayer is still not in the App Catalog because Palm has not released the APIs. Ditto Shazam, TuneWiki, it goes on. Developers cannot develop apps that Palm doesn't provide API's for and refuses to release. It is unequivocally Palm's fault and they should be blamed 100% for dragging their feet on the issue.
    Last edited by malpha; 07/13/2010 at 04:32 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
  17. Leke's Avatar
    Posts
    597 Posts
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    #17  
    Problem with webos is not Apps its the hardware. HPalm needs to compete with the leaders out there and come out with AT LEAST 1ghz processor phone, with front face cam. And stop letting the homebrew webos internalz group do the job for them.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    And stop letting the homebrew webos internalz group do the job for them.
    So make homebrewing your phone nearly impossible? I don't think that is in the best interest for anyone.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    So make homebrewing your phone nearly impossible? I don't think that is in the best interest for anyone.
    I think he meant that it's Palm's job to make the phone usable, not the community's. Honestly, had it not been for the community, this would have been the worst phone in history. And yes, we do need further updates. One, the device is still unfinished (lack of hardware acceleration of the UI, among other things), and they need to fix the bugs and serious issues introduced in the previous update.
  20. #20  
    The phone can have every thought of aspect built into and there is still going to be some type of "homebrew" community. It's a given in this day and age and is inevitable. While I agree there are many things that the homebrew has done well and have brought to webOS. I don't think a patch that toggles roam on and off in the drop down menu is something that Palm should be investing time in.

    (not trying to say anything bad about said patch, it's just common fact that everything doesn't suit everyone's needs)
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions