Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Curious, which bluetooth watch you rocking? Or maybe you were being funny, just seeing more of them showing up. Not that they are common at all in NA but still waiting to see where that tech goes as our phones get more computer and less phone like....
    I'm rocking the MBW150 executive
    MBW-150EXEC | Sony Ericsson Bluetooth® Watch | Sony | Sony Style USA

Awesome watch. I used to use the bluetooth feature on windows mobile on my old HTC touch diamond. It's a shame I can only use it as a watch now. Android has a program out that works with the watch. Come on palm release serial profile!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    I'm rocking the MBW150 executive
    MBW-150EXEC | Sony Ericsson Bluetooth® Watch | Sony | Sony Style USA

Awesome watch. I used to use the bluetooth feature on windows mobile on my old HTC touch diamond. It's a shame I can only use it as a watch now. Android has a program out that works with the watch. Come on palm release serial profile!!
    That's a clean looking watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The phone can have every thought of aspect built into and there is still going to be some type of "homebrew" community. It's a given in this day and age and is inevitable. While I agree there are many things that the homebrew has done well and have brought to webOS. I don't think a patch that toggles roam on and off in the drop down menu is something that Palm should be investing time in.

(not trying to say anything bad about said patch, it's just common fact that everything doesn't suit everyone's needs)
    Agreed...I only use a small portion of the over 300 patches available via Preware, and most of them make small improvements to the phone. Granted, I can see how most Pre owners would be frustrated Palm doesn't make these small improvements on their own, but for what was, until recently, an independent company with a small (compared to Apple, RIM, etc.) budget, priority had to be given to making sure major updates hit and worked correctly. Besides, not a single other phone maker gives the homebrew community as much support and love as Palm does...even HP is aware of the importance of the homebrew developers who show true passion for WebOS. Apple would sooner sue their own homebrew developers and HTC would just keep pumping out "Cease and Desist" letters...as for Palm, I'm glad they allow the homebrew crowd to keep pumping out the little things...because in the end, those coupled with the bigger, official updates (and new hardware) from Palm will be what drives WebOS forward and towards what I think could be great success.

Whew.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynardblue View Post
    Agreed...I only use a small portion of the over 300 patches available via Preware, and most of them make small improvements to the phone. Granted, I can see how most Pre owners would be frustrated Palm doesn't make these small improvements on their own, but for what was, until recently, an independent company with a small (compared to Apple, RIM, etc.) budget, priority had to be given to making sure major updates hit and worked correctly. Besides, not a single other phone maker gives the homebrew community as much support and love as Palm does...even HP is aware of the importance of the homebrew developers who show true passion for WebOS. Apple would sooner sue their own homebrew developers and HTC would just keep pumping out "Cease and Desist" letters...as for Palm, I'm glad they allow the homebrew crowd to keep pumping out the little things...because in the end, those coupled with the bigger, official updates (and new hardware) from Palm will be what drives WebOS forward and towards what I think could be great success.

Whew.
    Well said.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Developers are what everyone complains about, but lets be honest here. What does the Pre not have except for Shopsavy, Shazam and voice search?

Updates are therefore needed, but what Palm really needs is to open the API's up to devs so that the big names can port over their apps that require them.

If the Pre had those features then I would in NO way envy my buddy's Evo. I love WebOS, but Palm does need to hurry up and get those APIs out to the Devs.

What's taking so long?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    Developers are what everyone complains about, but lets be honest here. What does the Pre not have except for Shopsavy, Shazam and voice search?

Updates are therefore needed, but what Palm really needs is to open the API's up to devs so that the big names can port over their apps that require them.

If the Pre had those features then I would in NO way envy my buddy's Evo. I love WebOS, but Palm does need to hurry up and get those APIs out to the Devs.

What's taking so long?
    I think what has been taking so long with Palm & now HP is the simple fact that Palm knew they were headed to the dump and HP doesn't really have an interest in the phone industry and is just now getting there toes wet to see what they might or might not want to do with WebOS.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The phone can have every thought of aspect built into and there is still going to be some type of "homebrew" community. It's a given in this day and age and is inevitable. While I agree there are many things that the homebrew has done well and have brought to webOS. I don't think a patch that toggles roam on and off in the drop down menu is something that Palm should be investing time in.

(not trying to say anything bad about said patch, it's just common fact that everything doesn't suit everyone's needs)
    I tend to agree with you about HP/Palm wasting man power on stuff we want for convenience, they should be working on getting it out there, known and liked more... This way the "Hombrew" community will expand. This was HP/Palm can work on optimization & future devices.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12