1.    #1  
    I got this palm cylinder wall charger from ebay, quite inexpensive, and .... very small..... the surface is also more matte feeling. Is this newer version from palm? or is it third party invention?

left is my original, right is the one I just bought from ebay.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The one I got with my Pre Plus is like your small one with the dot right along the edge of the socket. I guess Palm must have updated the plug some time ago.
    I had a Palm Treo Pro, before I got my Pre Plus, the Treo Pro had a larger charging plug, the Pre Plus, is significantly smaller, I have never seen the original Pre's charger, but it is probably the same size as the Treo Pro...
  4.    #4  
    thanks guys. glad to know I got a more recent model for my old pre,
    How much did it cost? And does it work with a touchstone?
  6.    #6  
    Palm Pre or Pixi OEM Cylinder & Data Cable CHARGER NEW - eBay (item 300421693535 end time Jul-25-10 11:28:15 PDT)
    its $7 for cylinder and cable ( I got 3), free S+H.

I bought them for my 7 touchstones (I know, I know, just suddenly found so many cheap touchstones, e.g., $10 from Verizonwireless store), and they works fine.
    Yes, the info posted is correct. I have the original Pre on Sprint, my roommate has the Pre Plus from Verizon and his is significantly smaller than the one that came with mine.
    the AT&T one is also smaller.
    funny i got a small one with my pixi when it first came out. then i got a pre on exchange and now i have the big one. is there any difference in the power produced? ie can i use my old pixi wall charger with my pre?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmoney View Post
    funny i got a small one with my pixi when it first came out. then i got a pre on exchange and now i have the big one. is there any difference in the power produced? ie can i use my old pixi wall charger with my pre?
    all the specs are the same, so they should be interchangeable.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    The key difference is that the smaller charger does not have the ability to handle adapters for other countries. Most people probably don't notice but the larger charger actually has a removable plug that you can twist off and replace with another one.

Try it yourself and see :-)

That said, I like the smaller one. Because, well, it's smaller. And I don't travel internationally so it makes sense.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by arnao05 View Post
    The key difference is that the smaller charger does not have the ability to handle adapters for other countries. Most people probably don't notice but the larger charger actually has a removable plug that you can twist off and replace with another one.

That said, I like the smaller one. Because, well, it's smaller. And I don't travel internationally so it makes sense.
    nice catch, i forgot that.

However, not every country has a special plug, this should world in most countries.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    This is weird. I just sat down at my local Starbucks. I reached down to plug in my charger and there was a Palm charger already there. I guess someone forgot to unplug. Anyway it was quite a bit bigger than the one that came with my Verizon Pre+. I took it up to the counter, but was tempted to hold it here with me and turn it in as I was leaving, just to see what these mythcal Palm people look like. Don't see many these days. I got mine a little over a month ago and since then have only seen one in the wild. ( 2 overall, not counting mine).

JD
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SceneThat View Post
    was tempted to hold it here with me and turn it in as I was leaving, just to see what these mythcal Palm people look like.
    no doubt, i never see anyone with a palm, but i wouldnt trade mine for anything else out there
    Quote Originally Posted by arnao05 View Post

Yeah, but they don't sell the adapters standalone. If you want them, you need to buy the entire set (the cylinder part, and the adapters). So while it's nice to have the option, it's still useless.

Edit: Apparently the Palm site no longer sells accessories at all, not just those adapters.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 07/13/2010 at 09:14 PM.