1.    #1  
    Okay, so I have two wires coming out of the bottom of the top half of the phone!! I'm so worried and it's odd because it seems like it's working absolutely normal no problem... :/
    Has this happened to anyone?

They swing freely and easy to move... but are attached very well?!?!?

I will be posting a pic as soon as possible
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by humphry99; 07/12/2010 at 04:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by humphry99 View Post
    Okay, so I have two wires coming out of the bottom of the top half of the phone!! I'm so worried and it's odd because it seems like it's working absolutely normal no problem... :/
    Has this happened to anyone?

They swing freely and easy to move... but are attached very well?!?!?

I will be posting a pic as soon as possible
    if its operating like normal then leave it alone i guess
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Someone else had this issue before. not sure what they did. I think they returned it.

Found the thread

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...se-slider.html
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    You still have a warranty (Pre comes with 1 year MFG warranty)? If so....return to place of purchase for exchange.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    umm those wires... if im not mistaken, from the grainy pict...are for the Gps and for your evdo connection
  6.    #6  
    Well. Hmm, Like I said Everything seems to be working I went and turned my GPS on and works fine also the Evdo... :/ I just hope it keeps working
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    umm those wires... if im not mistaken, from the grainy pict...are for the Gps and for your evdo connection
    They are on the back that's part of the slider spring to hold it up or down every now and again one will snap in 1/2 the metal is to brittle for some reason but all the antenna are on the back of the phone body the copper parts made in to the pre back cover also the GPS antenna is inside but its on the back side and not on the screen side I have taken apart both the pre and pixi :P
    Yea its for your Wifi Data and GPS like mentioned(wifi antenna is the metal plate behind the LCD. its just wierd that it pops out of place, normally it runs along the outter edge of the phone..

Move the scren and watch the wires from inside the battery compartment to see if anything binds. if not i wouldnt worry about it
    I took some pliers and cut them off. Didn't hurt anything. Been working fine for more then a month now. It did make the slider a little looser??? (opens/closes smother) kinda like it.