1.    #1  
    I've run both my personal gmail and pop version of my business email account on my Sprint Pre for over a year without much of a problem. About a week ago the emails from the pop account stopped coming to my phone and I was unable to get it to function again (gmail was fine). I noticed I did have an excessive amount of email accumulating with the occasional attachment and have back ups of everything important elsewhere ... so decided I would just delete the emails and hope the receiving would resume. After deleting all the emails, I still couldn't receive email. Next I decided to just "remove" account and selected the button in the "accounts" setting for my work pop account. The spinning ball started but the account was never removed. The Pre became extremely sluggish and I eventually did a soft restart (by now, several).

When looking at the list of accounts in the email app, their is no longer an "inbox" showing under the account name, but still an empty "outbox." I'm unable to remove the account, send mail from it or set up an new account using the same email address -- "duplicate account message/error."
    I've run into this with my company's pop account. It takes several hours to fully delete the account off of the pre. I've only wiped it out twice. Did you get a yellow triangle at the top of your inbox?
    you also have to delete the account in the calendar and photo apps...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Ps, it can sometimes take a LONG time for the account to be deleted. If you aren't overclocked, it can make things a bit sluggish.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Ps, it can sometimes take a LONG time for the account to be deleted. If you aren't overclocked, it can make things a bit sluggish.
    Update, a day after: Yes it seems to just take a long time to delete the account from the phone. My advice is to delete the account in the evening and "sleep on it" before doing anything radical. I woke up this morning and the account was cleared and phone is back to its sweet 800mHz self. Thanks for the feedback guys.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGR8Morton View Post
    I've run into this with my company's pop account. It takes several hours to fully delete the account off of the pre. I've only wiped it out twice. Did you get a yellow triangle at the top of your inbox?
    ... and no, I didn't get the yellow triangle or need to clear photo or anything. I did take the opportunity to back up my data and store both a copy on my Pre (USB area) and send a copy to my computer. Something we all should do prior to a problem.