Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Specifically talking in regards to the next Palm phone. If you jumped to another device then you don't count, because I'm sure you would miss features of webOS that would obviously be on the next Palm phone.

I'm asking because I realized today that once I eventually update to the next Palm phone, I kinda doubt that it will have a mirror on it, and that makes me sad. I actually use it a lot.

So what features of the Pre do you expect you will end up missing because they won't make it to the next Palm phone?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    the orange key! Why is it grey on the pixi and both plus devices!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    a mirror on it, and that makes me sad. I actually use it a lot.
    If it has a front facing camera, you can use that as a mirror.
    The form factor. I kinda have the feeling they will try something different to make up for the complaints on the hardware. I really do love the feel of the Pre in my hands.
    Already having all my patches and homebrew apps in place.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I also love the form factor and size - it is perfect for me.
    I hope my patches and apps will follow along with a hardware update.
    I also hope the touchstone will be incorporated in future palm devices.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    +1 the mirror, that's the best part of the phone
    The name...I'm just not sold on the next device being named The Palm Post
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I'm REALLY hoping that the next phone is touchstone compatible.

I'm also hoping that it retains the same material feel on the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post

As with most all palm phone updates, nothing is the same so you have to buy everything new.

ET
    I'll definitely miss the size. I'm afraid they'll try something bigger like the droid. I hate droids! I also like the keyboard which they will probably change.
    Assuming that it will add to the current phone (and not remove functionality) then what would there be to miss? Hopefully I will miss the name, because I don't like the name Pre (pre-historic? pre-menstrual?) but other than that, I don't expect to me missing anything...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    As with most all palm phone updates, nothing is the same so you have to buy everything new.

ET
    Not sure if I am with you 100% on that.... I do worry about changing or loss of touchstone..... but they are still the king of proprietary wireless charging... ohhh and there is that whole using the centro battery (and I believe Treo Pro had same battery) in the Pre.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I'm fairly confident a new phone won't lose touchstone support. I would think the only issue could be if they make a phone of Evo or Droid X size that you might have to put it on the dock sideways because otherwise it would stick out too far off the bottom. Unless they put the magnet toward the bottom of the phone, then it would stick out far off the top.
    I would only assume that Touchstone support would still be a big part of the next incarnation but I would suggest that the new form factor would change "just enough" to require the need to purchase a new (and unique) Touchstone base unit to accomodate the new H-Palm phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post

Would it make sense to abandon an award winning accessory and technology?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Would it make sense to abandon an award winning accessory and technology?
    That's my thought process, well that and they even made the new car chargers backwards compatible with previous Palm phones with the lil adapter they came with.
    I wouldn't want them to change the size. This size is absolutely perfect for me and for where I keep the Pre. I would not want a bigger phone nor would I want a smaller phone. And I wouldn't want the screen to be the size of the Pixi's screen; I love my Pre's screen.

I love the physical slide-out keyboard. That is an absolute MUST for me.

I love the taps and swipes and notifications of WebOS. And I love the blinking notification button (as opposed to the buttonless Pre Plus) 'cause it is raised, but I hope they add different colored lights in it next time around so you know what kind of alert you have.

The Touchstone is a definite must-keep - and it better be the same Touchstone that we already have, as I have/need several of them!

It needs to be on Sprint still, too! I've been with Sprint for ten years and don't want to change. The plan is cheaper on Sprint, too.

I actually like the little black and orange pouch it comes with and use it every day.

I, too, like the orange on the keys instead of the Pre Plus' grey keys. Orange rocks! Lime green would be the only viable alternative, IMO.

WebOS and syncing with Facebook, Google, etc. features.