Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I got my MSL on Sprint and was doing the thing to speed up the EV-DO connection and I accidentally deleted the wrong number in the phone settings, disabling the 3G antenna and after I went to webOS doctor it, I couldn't sign back into my Palm Profile because the antenna was still disabled! Apparently it won't let you sign in if it's only using the 1x (2G) antenna. Called in and the insurance company is sending me my 7th Pre. Should be getting it by tomorrow. You can't beat that with a stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    So I got my MSL on Sprint and was doing the thing to speed up the EV-DO connection and I accidentally deleted the wrong number in the phone settings, disabling the 3G antenna and after I went to webOS doctor it, I couldn't sign back into my Palm Profile because the antenna was still disabled! Apparently it won't let you sign in if it's only using the 1x (2G) antenna. Called in and the insurance company is sending me my 7th Pre. Should be getting it by tomorrow. You can't beat that with a stick.
    good job lol
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Is this not something that could be fixed with Metadoctor and QPST?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    yes...shhhhhhhhhhhh... but dont tell him that...... let him have his moment of victory
    Haha, okay
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Well, I sure hope you paid the $100 deductible -- this was no one's fault but your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    God I love this poster!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Still not bricked. Use your MSL to do a data restore and see what happens. (##data# > menu > reset > enter MSL)
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    hmmm that should be the new apple Marketing poster...
    When I see stuff like this, it helps me to understand how a few people have managed to go through so many pres. The phone was only "bricked" because of gross failure to read and follow directions, and was not actually bricked at all.
    no different than stealing, in my book
    Thanks for doing your share in increasing insurance fees. You're a real asset to this community.
    I can see why you feel the need to post this in a thread. You must be so proud...
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Thanks for doing your share in increasing insurance fees. You're a real asset to this community.
    I can see why you feel the need to post this in a thread. You must be so proud...
    Remind me to never get on your bad side :P But then again i would never brick my pre because i have done it many times with patching and was able to get it back from the dead people don't realize that even when the pre is not activated you can still enter the MSL and go in and change stuff... when its in the asking for English or Spanish screen you press the make emergency call it brings up the dial pad with 911 in it you just clear the 911 out and press ##the msl number and then # again bada bing your back in to it...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Well, I sure hope you paid the $100 deductible -- this was no one's fault but your own.
    Nope, theyre sending it to me for free.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHui623 View Post
    Still not bricked. Use your MSL to do a data restore and see what happens. (##data# > menu > reset > enter MSL)

couldn't open the phone app to do that. I was at the palm profile sign in part of the phone and you can only open the phone app to call customer service or an emergency call and when the call is done, the app closes. Trust, I tried.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Remind me to never get on your bad side :P But then again i would never brick my pre because i have done it many times with patching and was able to get it back from the dead people don't realize that even when the pre is not activated you can still enter the MSL and go in and change stuff... when its in the asking for English or Spanish screen you press the make emergency call it brings up the dial pad with 911 in it you just clear the 911 out and press ##the msl number and then # again bada bing your back in to it...
    Before it was "bricked" I tried re-entering the number I accidentally deleted but I had no idea what it was. Tried 0.0.0.0 and 255.255.255.255 and my primary home address. None of them worked. I called Sprint and they could only see the new number I entered and didn't know what it was supposed to be.
    If this ever happen to anyone again, just follow these simple steps: On the dial pad press ##786# scroll down to bottom of page then tap reset. Enter MSL number and all data will be restore to factory default. (Your msl six digit code can be obtain from your service provider)
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    no different than stealing, in my book

How is it stealing?? I pay for insurance so if anything happens, I can get a replacement. ANYTHING, including gross neglegance on my part. And besides that, this will be my 7th Pre and the only one ruined by my hand, all the others had horrid hardware or software defects...
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    If this ever happen to anyone again, just follow these simple steps: On the dial pad press ##786# scroll down to bottom of page then tap reset. Enter MSL number and all data will be restore to factory default. (Your msl six digit code can be obtain from your service provider)
    Like I said, can't access the phone dialer. When I open it to make either an emergency call or customer service call, it dials it right away and when I hang up, the app closes itself before I can type anything..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast