Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    P|C and insurance...it never ends well. Ah well, if they sent you the replacement, they sent you the replacement. Sometime's you gotta do what you gotta do. Can't believe they'd send you a 7th Pre though, with that luck they'd probably send you an Airave for free, too...and then you could send it to me...
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    someone could have just gave you the number you erased lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    someone could have just gave you the number you erased lol
    Naa, I called sprint, they had no idea and the number I erased is specific to each device :[ it was called "M HOME ADDRESS"
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    How is it stealing?? I pay for insurance so if anything happens, I can get a replacement. ANYTHING, including gross neglegance on my part. And besides that, this will be my 7th Pre and the only one ruined by my hand, all the others had horrid hardware or software defects...
    Well, let's see.....

1. You're wrong. It does NOT cover gross negligence on your part, and had you been completely honest with them about how this happend, i.e. you were following directions you found online for hacking things which are not supposed to be users accessible, screwed it up, and couldn't recover, they would have charged you a $100 deductible because there IS a $100 deductible for "accidental" damage. The no-deductible return only applies to defects.

2. Since I know the above to be true, I know that you lied to them, which in addition to making you a liar, also makes you an admitted felon, as insurance fraud is a felony. Also, if you used the US Postal Service to send the Pre back to them, you're additionally guilty of mail fraud, which again, is a felony. USPS to send it across state lines? That makes it Interstate Mail Fraud, which can leave you with the FBI knocking on your door.

3. Since this one wasn't actually ruined, but only temporarily disable by your incompetance, there's a good chance that several of the first 6 were also no actually broken, or were again broken by you, but in some way you could avoid taking responsibility for.

4. Attitudes like yours are a scourge on civilization.
    You could have meta-doctored with the activation bypass enabled and gotten to the dialer that way. Not bricked.
    Nope, theyre sending it to me for free.
    Wow, I sure hope you are proud of yourself!! You have managed, at least in this case, to get a company so subsidize your ignorance (and probably have on the previous 6 Pres too). Paying for "insurance" does not mean that you can do anything you want to your phone and they will send you a free one.

I bet you are the first one out there raising a fist saying "Why are these smartphones so darn expensive and why do I have to pay $7 a month for insurance?" Well, step into the nearest bathroom and take a look in the mirror for the reason.

I wish P|C would ban people like you...
    I wonder if they are quick to send a free phone b/c they know it can be fixed and resold as a refurb? Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Off topic I know but where can these pictures be found on the web?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Off topic I know but where can these pictures be found on the web?
    Google "Demotivational Posters."
    One of my favs...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    We are getting pretty high and mighty on this forum, aren't we?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I wish P|C would ban people like you...
    Sounds like a great idea.
    This thread seems to have run its course.
    couldn't open the phone app to do that. I was at the palm profile sign in part of the phone and you can only open the phone app to call customer service or an emergency call and when the call is done, the app closes. Trust, I tried.
    You missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    If this ever happen to anyone again, just follow these simple steps: On the dial pad press ##786# scroll down to bottom of page then tap reset. Enter MSL number and all data will be restore to factory default. (Your msl six digit code can be obtain from your service provider)
    This is true.

Like I said, can't access the phone dialer. When I open it to make either an emergency call or customer service call, it dials it right away and when I hang up, the app closes itself before I can type anything..
    When in the palm profile activation screen, just start dialing ## (slider keyboard) and the dialer will show up. you can then enter any ## codes to reset. BELIEVE me, I've done this. It's even documented in Sprint's support site - how to program your Pre.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12