Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I am making my usual rounds on the different tech blogs, and i found this wiki about android app maker.

App Inventor for Android

Now, since i am a die hard pre owner, but sadly.. i am not a huge fan of how little apps that we have, I was wondering that since this basic program is in a java based system could it be used to build apps that i could then port to the pre through homebrew,

I am a novice at this and dont want to be crucified for asking this, but it appeals to me, because my "code" language isnt very good.. any help would be appreciated!
    there is an article about this on the front page of Precentral, they said that the ares tool for palm is easier to use than the app inventor for android. you would be better off using what we already have as opposed to trying to port.

my non expert opinion of course
    Having used both as of today, Ares is MUCH easier to use.
    http://ares.palm.com

Your problems are solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Why would you want a port of a copy cat google did off the original Palm Ares?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    more of what i was going for.. was that i like the idea of not having to learn the whole language.. its a huge pain to look it up.. (i understand that it comes with time) but i was moreso wondering if i could skip that learning step so that i can make what i want..