Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    I currently own an Android phone (HTC Hero) on Sprint. I like the phone, but it's a bit too slow for me at this point. I used to have a Pre, and it really was a great phone, the only issue I had was the battery, and at the time, if I had known that I could buy extended batteries online, I definitely would've gotten one. Now, I'm looking for a Pre again, but I think Sprint still has it for $150, which a little more than what I want to spend right now. Does anyone know of anywhere online where I can get the phone for cheaper?

    Thanks for the help!
  2. #2  
    ebay.
  3. #3  
    Through Sprint, I don't know, but if you wanted to go with Verizon or AT&T, you can get the Pre Plus for FREE w/contract right now through HP.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by onpinsandneedles View Post
    Through Sprint, I don't know, but if you wanted to go with Verizon or AT&T, you can get the Pre Plus for FREE w/contract right now through HP.
    Get a Verizon Pre Plus... you won't be sorry! The extra 256 MB makes a big difference!
  5. #5  
    Or get it for $50 on the Sprint website with their new "$100 instant online savings" deal.

    Sprint Offering $100 Instant Online Savings on (nearly) ALL phones | webOSroundup


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Or get it for $50 on the Sprint website with their new "$100 instant online savings" deal.]
    I'm not so sure about that. I was just on the phone with a Sprint rep, and they told me that the "instant savings" is already reflected in the online price. Well, guess what? The Pre already had a $100 instant online savings, so the price is still $150.

    Stupid @#$%&* Sprint. Note: I would love for someone to prove my info incorrect. Please.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. I was just on the phone with a Sprint rep, and they told me that the "instant savings" is already reflected in the online price. Well, guess what? The Pre already had a $100 instant online savings, so the price is still $150.

    Stupid @#$%&* Sprint. Note: I would love for someone to prove my info incorrect. Please.
    I think your info is correct. I may be wrong but I think the only thing they changed was $100 mail-in-rebate to $100 instant rebate.

    Sneaky people
  8. #8  
    $50 on Wirefly, and usually they cover the activation fee. This is of course with a new contract.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    I think your info is correct. I may be wrong but I think the only thing they changed was $100 mail-in-rebate to $100 instant rebate.

    Sneaky people
    Ah. That would explain the "difference" resulting in the same price. Why Sprint doesn't want to sell Pre's is beyond me. As it is, the 13 month-old Pre is an alarmingly unattractive $50 less than the weeks-old EVO.

    I guess they like inventory backlogs?

    So no, a "cheaper Pre" isn't through Sprint directly.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Ah. That would explain the "difference" resulting in the same price. Why Sprint doesn't want to sell Pre's is beyond me. As it is, the 13 month-old Pre is an alarmingly unattractive $50 less than the weeks-old EVO.

    I guess they like inventory backlogs?

    So no, a "cheaper Pre" isn't through Sprint directly.
    I have a theory that sprint tends to keep their phones at a higher price due to their annual upgrade policy and cheaper plans. It makes sense that they have to make up the money from somewhere. Even the hero is still being sold for $150, a phone most would say is far inferior to the evo (apples to apples).
  11. #11  
    Go into a Sprint store. Tell them you are getting a Pre but can't decide where. Say you are probably getting the Verizon phone because it is $0. They will probably try to explain that the monthly savings makes the Sprint phone better deal, but say the $150 is still an issue. Or tell them you are going to go with the $50 wirefly deal.

    The goal is to let them know you will buy a Pre and the $150 is the only thing stopping you from buying at Sprint. I bet they go to the back room and come out with a great deal.

    I ended up with free activation, an extra usb cord and charge adapter, 10% off of everything I buy from Sprint for now on, and 10% off of the monthly service charge forever. That more than made up for the $70 I was going to save by going through Amazon.

    I'm really happy with my Sprint service and much smaller bills.

Posting Permissions