Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Anyone know why when calling my phone it would take 5-6 rings before it rings the device???? This has been happening for a while. I have tried everything I can think of, I have even gone as far as to visit the Doctor...any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by tlower; 07/12/2010 at 10:28 AM.
    That sounds like an issue you might need to check with your carrier.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    That sounds like an issue you might need to check with your carrier.
    Thanks, Tried that and they said nothings wrong...go figure. Maybe if I can get a hold of someone willing to help, I can have them try and remove the service and then restore it to find out if its on their end. Its about the only other thing I can think of.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Well remove/restore service didn't work either!
    Take it in to your local carrier office (sprint, verizon, at&t, etc) and show them. Have one of them call your phone and see how long it takes to actually start ringing on your phone.

I recall reading somewhere before that simply due to the way a cell phone call is routed, there is generally a 7 second delay... but 5 or 6 rings is way too much of a delay.
    I kinda have the same problem. 3 out of 10 calls ring. All day long I have voicemails, but my phone rarely rings. I think it is Verizon bc some days it is worse than others.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    If you have the No Alert During Calls patch, try removing it...this has been shown to fix no-ring problems by other posters.
    OP-

I've had that issue with all my Sprint phones over the last ten years.
    This is one thing i could say is NOT a Pre or webOS issue.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    OP-

I've had that issue with all my Sprint phones over the last ten years.
    This is one thing i could say is NOT a Pre or webOS issue.
    I have three other phones on Sprint with no problems, even another Pre. Im taking it to the Sprint store when I get a chance. Maybe, just maybe they can fix it...yeah right, who am i kidding
    Another thing to consider is the signal strength your phone is showing when people are trying to call you... low signal strength could cause a longer delay, and could also cause calls to go to voice mail without ever ringing on your end.
    I resolved my ringing issue. It was the "no alerts during call" patch that was causing me problems. I uninstalled and haven't missed a call.