1.    #1  
    In the messaging app, when I hit the top left and open the menu, under edit...

Theres a symbol for all the commands. It sort've looks like a circle inside a circle. Can anyone tell me how to use that without going into menu? Thanks.

i'd like to copy + paste a little faster. Not a big deal. Just Curious.
    Hold one finger on the Gesture area left or right of center (that's what that symbol means) then press the corresponding letter on the keyboard.
    So, Copy would be Gesture + C
    Paste - Gesture + V
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Press the center button (LED or button) at the same time that you press the letter.
    its the sign for the gesture area. Just touch the left side of the gesture area and then C, for example to Copy, just as you would touch the Ctrl key and then C on a PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    Press the center button (LED or button) at the same time that you press the letter.
    Close, but pressing center will not work properly. It will paste but then minimize your app since you pressed center. Use the Gesture area to the right or left of center.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    simplified...............

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Thanks! That makes much more sense now.
    This would be a good "TIPS and TRICKS" reminder
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  9.    #9  
    Thanks guys! all of you.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    But what if I want to copy a selection from a static web page?
    copy and paste works the same way from anywhere within the phone.
    Just make sure the center light turns on when you hold over the gesture area. Otherwise it won't work.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Here is one of my ( many, because Im OLD, and have CRS) notes, I always keep in the notes app:

Text tips

orange key + left or right swipe anywhere on the screen = move cursor in text

shift key + left or right swipe anywhere on the screen = highlight

I hold the gesture area so that the middle light is illuminated and then hit
    X to cut
    C to copy
    V to paste
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

If you Arrow + Tap on the page, it should highlight a paragraph at a time. Continue Arrow + Tap until all the paragraphs you want are highlighted. Then Gesture + C to copy.

Palm Pre wallpapers