Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I loaded WebOSquickinstall on my laptop and was then able to install PreWare on my Pre+ with the help of several Forum posters and a beer or two. I was afraid of turning my phone into a shiny, but useless lump of plastic.

With that success, I installed several patches that improved the look and functionality of my Pre+. I did find a few that seemed to have no effect and one that slowed my calendar to less than a crawl – those were quickly uninstalled.

I would like to state my opinion about the patches and apps that make your Pre look like an IPhone. Why? If you want an IPhone, buy one. Why buy a Chevy and add stuff to make it look and act like a Ford? Just buy the Ford to start with.

Now that my rambling, raving and ranting is done; here is the reason for my post. One of the patches was the “Turn on Developer Mode Icon”. But now that PreWare is installed and running properly, do I need this patch and icon anymore?
    pre2930
    IIIxe>VIIx>Vx>Zire72>Treo755p>Pre+>Touchpad/Samsung Galaxy S3
    I keep the Dev Mode icon installed. From time to time, there may be things you want to install through WOSQI that you can't install through Preware.
    I have it as a "just in case" so I don't have to type it in, and with the advanced launcher patch it sits on the fourth page with system icons like terminal and mode switcher.
    as stated above, you will only need it if you have to get into dev mode to use WOQI. If the icon bothers you, remove it.
    When you need dev mode, just type webos20090606 and you are in dev mode.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone. I moved the icon to Page 4 of the Launcher where the other "utility' icons reside. Not a lot of action on that page.
    pre2930
    IIIxe>VIIx>Vx>Zire72>Treo755p>Pre+>Touchpad/Samsung Galaxy S3