Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hey!

I'm having a problem with my pre, I have unlocked it using nextgenserver solution and used it for a while in the UK on the o2 network without any problem, however i came to Angola and ever since i cannot send any text messages. I can receive SMS and make/receive calls but can' send any SMS. Is there any way you can help me with this? thanks in advance.
    i have the same problem
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    But is there any solution?
    Perhaps the service center telephone number is not right. If so look at the GSM forum. This thread http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2002079 might be of help to correct a service center number. I have not read any posting changing that, perhaps it is the field smscNumber, and that would mean changing a database in the Pre.
    You also may want to check with your carrier on their SMS roaming policies, some will not let you send them, while the phone is roaming.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    The phone is not roaming, however I will check the service center number but if this was wrong that would mean that I couldn't receive text messages right?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I have changed the network settings but it still gives me the same error. any other solutions? anyone? Thanks
    Most likely its with ur carrier i belive u just have to work it out withhem
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Then u think it is a phone problem with my phone? because i can send sms with any other phone...
  10. clp
    do you know this bug as well? from a few mobile phones (tested width some nokia and sony ericsson) my palm pre is not able to recieve sms with more than 160 characters, especially when there are ,, or within the sms after the 160th character.