1.    #1  
    I no longer have the option to use my palm pre as a usb device when connecting to my computer, it just starts charging. I removed all patches, and followed some guides online, tried holding orange, sym, u; installed 'usb mode' app, installed sdk on computer. I also have webos internals which wont recognize the device when its connected.

I brought it by a sprint store twice, who told me they fixed it, so I am getting tired of their lack of service, not to mention the service center isn't nearby, only best buy is.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx6200 View Post
    I no longer have the option to use my palm pre as a usb device when connecting to my computer, it just starts charging.
    If there isn't a small USB symbol in the lower right corner of the screen, and you've followed all of the advice in the many threads on this issue, including trying a different USB cord and different computer, it seems clear that your device is the problem. What happened at the Sprint store when the rep connected the phone to a computer?

I also have webos internals which wont recognize the device when its connected.
    Do you mean that WebOS Quick Install is not detecting your phone when it's in charge only mode?

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Have you restarted your computer?
    orange+sym+U

did you try that?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ltlruss View Post
    Have you restarted your computer?
    or better yet, try plugging your phone's USB to another computer? If this happens on more than one computer then it's either a phone setting or phone issue that's causing the problem. I would also definitely try a doctor.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I removed all patches, and followed some guides online, tried holding orange, sym, u; installed 'usb mode' app, installed sdk on computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    orange+sym+U

did you try that?
    Helping only works when you read the post
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    orange+sym+U

did you try that?
    The same problem. Newbie question: should I use the "orange+sym+U" usb connected and webosquickinstall running?