Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I've have years of Blackberry experience (8330/Pearl/Tour/Bold) and experimented with Android (Hero, Moment and an EVO I returned for a BB Bold). When I had a BB I loved the reliability and battery life but envied the customization options of Android. When I had Android I loved the UI but wanted my Blackberry's battery life and reliability.
    During my constant swapping of phones my wife pushed on with her Palm Pre. I always thought it was a nice enough phone, sort of something between the reliability of Blackberry and the touch/open UI of Android, but never considered a Pre for myself.
    Recently I was given a Pre by a friend. It is in less-than-good shape, but fully functional. He pointed me to this site and showed me how to overclock it, install homebrew apps, and theme it. I was amazed at the options, speed and stability of this phone and I guess I'm a bit late to the party, but I've just recently ordered a Sprint Palm Pre and will soon be eBaying my Blackberry 9650.
    Welcome to the webOS party!
    yup, webos is a nice mix of business, consumer, advance features, and simple use.

that's why I got it... Now i'm waiting for hp to improve a few things, then i'm all set..
    Welcome to the forum of Pre users that have seen the light, that were not swayed by the mass myopic perception of what is good, but broke free of the crowd and searched for a phone that met their personal wants and needs.
    welcome. glad you're enjoying the pre. i must warn you though, you'll never be able to go back, so i hope you're sure you want a pre. if you keep it up for over a week, you're going to wonder how it is that so many other people can deal with interacting with their phone's OS.
    sounds good !! welcome
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Good to have you with us - most of the people here are nice.

(Not pointing any fingers!)
    why did he give up his Pre?
    Welcome!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mako71 View Post
    When I had Android I loved the UI but wanted my Blackberry's battery life and reliability.
    You went from bad to worse* lol.

Welcome and hope you enjoy the community.
    *pre

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    why did he give up his Pre?
    He bought another Pre that was in better condition.
    sweet! Welcome to the party. Better order one of those spare batteries that are less than $10 at ebay, if you plan to sticking with the overclock

I have always felt Palm has a great chamce of getting BB users to the fold, because of the mail capabilities, exchange and hardware keyboard. I hope they come up with a more "Business" Pixi candybar style phone.
    welcome to webos.. If hp and palm announce something big tommrow jus prepared to return it lol
    I had blackberry, then android, and I am now with palm. I feel the same way. It is the balance of those two operating systems. It has been a week and I am really enjoying this phone. It is fitting into my life well and helping me stay on top of things much better than my droid was able to. Plus the web experience is so much better than balckberry.

I will have the pre plus for another 18 months (verizon contract) but I am excited to see what HP is up to next. I also like knowing that webos is still be updated for the pre.
    welcome!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post

=[
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post

You won't but I will, (points heavily at myself)
    <3
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    This thread has been helpful. I'm on blackberry now and have been contemplating the switch.
    You'll miss the battery life of your BlackBerry but not much else.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast