Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Ok, I got a problem. Dont know what I did, but I did something. I have the ringtone volume and system volume turned all the way up. I have verified that my phone is not on vibration nor the ringer is turned down or muted.

Though for some reason, I am not getting any sound to alert me when I get a new text message or alert. The only way I know I have a message is to look at the phone and see that button illuminating.

Anyone got a reason possibly why? Any help would be grateful.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    do you patch? this happened to me with the SMS Tone Per Contact V2. I took that off and went back to the original and I get sounds now.
    you only have one volume control that applies to everything. Definitely a problem that needs to change by 2.0

the only way to make a particular event louder is to recorde the MP3 at a higher volume than others...
    ^^^Yes that (SMS Tone per Contact) and the No Alert During Call patch has been known to turn down the volume.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    are you saying yes you agree or yes there are separate volume controls?

btw, I've just developed the habit of turning up the volume after every call, just to make sure it 'stays' up...
    Go into messaging preferences and make sure you don't have alerts set to mute
    Something else to check is that the ringtone you're using for messaging didn't some how get removed from your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    are you saying yes you agree or yes there are separate volume controls?

btw, I've just developed the habit of turning up the volume after every call, just to make sure it 'stays' up...
    I was agreeing with tsnum4 and somehow your post got in between lol.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone for the help. The culprit was the SMS per contact V2. I removed it and voila....I got sound.