Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    So I haven't sync'd any music since iTunes broke for the last time, but I'm wondering how to delete the music/playlists/album art off of my Pre? I deleted all the music from the iPod Control folder, and I sync'd my playlists with Sailing Media, but my original playlists are still "showing" in the music app. When I try to play them, they continually skip through each song since it can't find it, but the palylists and album art are still there. I just want to know how to clear the misic app to start fresh. Thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonp2 View Post
    So I haven't sync'd any music since iTunes broke for the last time, but I'm wondering how to delete the music/playlists/album art off of my Pre? I deleted all the music from the iPod Control folder, and I sync'd my playlists with Sailing Media, but my original playlists are still "showing" in the music app. When I try to play them, they continually skip through each song since it can't find it, but the palylists and album art are still there. I just want to know how to clear the misic app to start fresh. Thanks for your help!
    You go to the Device Info app and then tap Preferences. Then choose "disable media sync". That will remove the playist, files, art and everything that was added via media sync.

I still use iTunes though to manage my music. I just create my desired playlist in iTunes, and created a Music folder in the root USB folder on the Pre, then select all the files in my playlist and drag and drop them to the Music folder on my Pre. It copies album artwork and everything and doesn't require any other apps in between.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tips; I really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonp2 View Post
    Thanks for the tips; I really appreciate it.
    You are very welcome. If you like using iTunes (which I do) it is nice to be able to still manage your music on your Pre that way. (although I buy all my music from Amazon MP3 so they will play on my Pre).
    Don't HP own iStream and its on iTune as a mediasmart Server iStream?

Google iStream. How will this work out for the pre or future Webos phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    You go to the Device Info app and then tap Preferences. Then choose "disable media sync". That will remove the playist, files, art and everything that was added via media sync.

I still use iTunes though to manage my music. I just create my desired playlist in iTunes, and created a Music folder in the root USB folder on the Pre, then select all the files in my playlist and drag and drop them to the Music folder on my Pre. It copies album artwork and everything and doesn't require any other apps in between.
    Thank goodness I found your reply. That's been bugging me for months.