1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Just a few questions and thoughts

We all know that Palm has been literally giving away Pre's. It got me thinking, (I know that in itself is a scary prospect people, LOL).

1. Are Pre's actually still being made, or is Palm only selling off all of the extra unsold ones?

2. If they aren't making them any longer, does anyone know what the number of unsold ones are and how fast are they selling?

3. Is it possible, that we can figure out some type of time frame for the next Pre, (or what ever it will be called), just by figuring out how quickly Palm is able to "give them away"? Or will Palm just make a small number of them, to carry themselves thru until the next model comes out?

Take care as always,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I don't think Palm is giving them away. The carriers make a volume purchase and the handsets are made for each specific carrier, and they are the ones that need to clear inventory. I doubt there has been a production run since the AT&T phone was built, but the last Palm financial statement showed a sharp increase in costs for Q4, which indicates the possibility that they would be building new phones for a major launch...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I don't think Palm is giving them away. The carriers make a volume purchase and the handsets are made for each specific carrier, and they are the ones that need to clear inventory. I doubt there has been a production run since the AT&T phone was built, but the last Palm financial statement showed a sharp increase in costs for Q4, which indicates the possibility that they would be building new phones for a major launch...
    All I can say is, I LOVE your way of thinking, thank you, take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

Just a few questions and thoughts

We all know that Palm has been literally giving away Pre's. It got me thinking, (I know that in itself is a scary prospect people, LOL).

Jay
    Actually not only are they not giving them away but they are currently more expensive to purchase than the brand new HTC EVO without a new line of service, full upgrade eligibility, or a new and higher priced two year contract.

I would love to find some inexpensive Pre's to upgrade my kids phones. You can still buy brand new Pre's from Sprint but they are $549 MSRP and even with a $100 rebate they are still $449. I know you can get a Sprint Dev Pre from Palm for $439 but I'm not sure if they can be activated.

But if they are giving them away let me know where, I will stand in line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    The last Palm financial statement showed a sharp increase in costs for Q4, which indicates the possibility that they would be building new phones for a major launch... ...
    Nice observation! Hopefully we will get news of new hardware soon even though I intend to stick with my day one Palm Pre Plus as long as it lasts.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I'm staying with my pre till it wears out. I've had it for nine months with no problems. Looks like the beginning of a long relationship....
    @pastorrich1, sprint isn't giving them away, but the other carriers are. Sprint must not have a big inventory left, or they are trying to stretch them out as if they won't be first with the next alm device...
    pastorrich1, if you are looking for more Pre's for your kids, I suggest trying Ebay, the prices for gently used ones have really dropped. I've been wanting a Pre, but refused to pay the retail prices, so I just waited it out.

I got my used Pre, in perfect condition, plus 2 Touchstone chargers, the battery door cover and all cables for just $160.

Just make sure the seller has good feedback and check the ESN of the phone, before you commit to a purchase!