1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,

I am looking into possibly getting a palm pre plus, but before I do I have a questoin, is it possible for the pre plus to be flashed to another network? Because the person who I may getting it from says it has been flashed to work with a network around here (it's similar to cricket or metropcs)

I just haven't heard of the pre being flashed before so I wanted to check before I went ahead and did this.

My Dad has the Pre from Sprint my brother has it on Verizon. So I've used it a little bit and am impressed by it so far, I just want to make sure it will work on a different network other then verizon.

Thanks for the input!
    there are some people here that say they are using it that way. I recall there being a few complications regarding the data service. you will have to search on cricket and such because I've seen several threads about it, but it isn't a topic I understand...

Ps, I really like my Verizon Pre Plus. I think you will too!
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    there are some people here that say they are using it that way. I recall there being a few complications regarding the data service. you will have to search on cricket and such because I've seen several threads about it, but it isn't a topic I understand...

Ps, I really like my Verizon Pre Plus. I think you will too!
    Thanks for the quick reply. He told me he flashed it already so I'm good to go when I get it, I just needed to verify it for me.. I don't mind tinkering around with phones as I've had all kinds of devices.. I'll just be glad to get rid of my bigger monthly bill from verizon (yes I know I'll have to pay the etf and all that)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire330 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. He told me he flashed it already so I'm good to go when I get it, I just needed to verify it for me.. I don't mind tinkering around with phones as I've had all kinds of devices.. I'll just be glad to get rid of my bigger monthly bill from verizon (yes I know I'll have to pay the etf and all that)
    If it has been flashed already you want to check what webOS firmware it is running and whether you will be able to update in the future. Current webOS is 1.4.1 (soon to be 1.4.5 hopfully)
    You don't want to be stuck on an older version.
  5.    #5  
    If its on an older version is there a way to un-flash and go back to stock? (then I'll just keep it on vzw I guess)
    If its on an older version is there a way to un-flash and go back to stock? (then I'll just keep it on vzw I guess)
    That's something that hopefully the American users could answer. But you could ask the seller to doctor to 1.4.1 and test if you can use it on your verizon account before buying it.
  7.    #7  
    He doesn't seem to know too much about the phone itself, so I'd probably have to have my dad help me do it.. is doctor similar to homebrew and stuff?
    He doesn't seem to know too much about the phone itself, so I'd probably have to have my dad help me do it.. is doctor similar to homebrew and stuff?
    Well make sure you are getting a phone that works if he doesn't seem to know much, he should know the webOS version, it is easy to check.
    No the doctor is an official palm solution for when there is problems with software. Here it is: Palm Support : Resetting your phone with Palm webOS Doctor
    But I prefer getting from Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals and then running it from the .jar file.
    There also threads on here with more info about the doctor, I'm not sure how it affects the carrier firmware though.
  9.    #9  
    Well I got a text back from him claiming that it makes the phone info clear so he can't tell me the version it's running. So it looks like on this one I will pass.. But I also found another one not flashed still on vzw that I am inquring about. She may or may not have a touchstone though.. How much do those run at vzw?
  10.    #10  
    Can someone tell me how hard the flashing process is? If its not a thecurrent firmware can i just doctor the phone and then reflash it? Or just bring it back to vzw? How would i do that doctor? Is there a how to guide for it somewhere?