Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Hey all,

I ended up getting the dreaded "phone offline" issue. I have tried to fix my Pre, including doctoring it several times and before that, going through settings to get a connection. But of course, all failed.

I brought it to Sprint and they said they tried to fix it and said it was defective. They would have to replace it. It turns out that I've got to pay to get a replacement. At this point, I was already two weeks past my warranty (I guess I had this phone for a year now). It would be $119 to replace it.

Is there anything I can do at this point in short of paying up $119? Please share your thoughts.

Cheers.
    Sorry to here that, I had the opposite experience today see post below. I would try another store and shower them with kindness.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-ge...me-so-far.html

Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    Hey all,

I ended up getting the dreaded "phone offline" issue. I have tried to fix my Pre, including doctoring it several times and before that, going through settings to get a connection. But of course, all failed.

I brought it to Sprint and they said they tried to fix it and said it was defective. They would have to replace it. It turns out that I've got to pay to get a replacement. At this point, I was already two weeks past my warranty (I guess I had this phone for a year now). It would be $119 to replace it.

Is there anything I can do at this point in short of paying up $119? Please share your thoughts.

Cheers.
    Try your luck with Hpalm. Just don't mention anything about your warranty.

Sprint won't replace or repair a device free of charge, unless you are coverd by their insurance. A manufacturer coverage only last for a year,and is only valid through the Manufacturing Company.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Try your luck with Hpalm. Just don't mention anything about your warranty.

Sprint won't replace or repair a device free of charge, unless you are coverd by their insurance. A manufacturer coverage only last for a year,and is only valid through the Manufacturing Company.
    Not necessarily true. I had my Sprint Palm Pre replaced yesterday at the sprint store under HP/Palm's manufacturer warranty, I've never paid for sprint insurance. I contacted HP/Palm support first (via online chat, since if you call them it's $14, but if you chat with them first, they'll give you a code so you can talk to a person for free). Anyways, the person I talked to on the phone gave me another code and gave me the option of going to the sprint store, or sending it in to Palm/HP so they can repair it within 7 days. I took it to sprint and they replaced it in two.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Thanks, guys.