1.    #1  
    I have attempted to install Preware and been unsucessful in downloading Preware. I receive an error message that the WebOS Quick Install that it can not find the device. I have used the following to troubleshoot. The next time I try to open WebOS Quick Install and hit the down arrow, I get nothing. Any Ideas. I have a Verizon Palm Pre. I have downloaded the webOS Doctor for Verizon.
    This is what I used to troubleshoot:
    Installing Preware with WebOS Quick Install
    You can use version 3.12 or later of WebOS Quick Install to install Preware directly from the WebOS Internals feed.
    Latest Version of WebOS Quick Install available here: WebOS Quick Install v3.14
    Install the required Software
    Click here to verify that you have the latest java installed on your computer and update if needed
    Click here to download the current webOS Doctor for your carrier and phone in a subdirectory your will remember (maybe "Palm"?). If you already have it, skip this step.
    Do not run the webOS Doctor
    Click Here to download the latest version of WebOS Quick Install
    Put your device in Developer Mode
    Connect your device to your computer with the USB cable, and select "Just Charge" (do not select USB Drive)
    Run WebOS Quick Install
    Click the third button on the right (Blue Down Arrow)
    Choose WebOS Internals Feed (Pre) or WebOS Internals Feed (Pixi) from the dropdown list at the top.
    Select Preware from the list.
    Click Download.
    Click Close.
    Click Install.
    Thank you,
    Quote Originally Posted by mvcombs View Post
    I have attempted to install Preware and been unsucessful in downloading Preware. I receive an error message that the WebOS Quick Install that it can not find the device. I have used the following to troubleshoot. The next time I try to open WebOS Quick Install and hit the down arrow, I get nothing. Any Ideas. I have a Verizon Palm Pre. I have downloaded the webOS Doctor for Verizon.
    This is what I used to troubleshoot:
    Installing Preware with WebOS Quick Install
    You can use version 3.12 or later of WebOS Quick Install to install Preware directly from the WebOS Internals feed.
    Latest Version of WebOS Quick Install available here: WebOS Quick Install v3.14
    Install the required Software
    Click here to verify that you have the latest java installed on your computer and update if needed
    Click here to download the current webOS Doctor for your carrier and phone in a subdirectory your will remember (maybe "Palm"?). If you already have it, skip this step.
    Do not run the webOS Doctor
    Click Here to download the latest version of WebOS Quick Install
    Put your device in Developer Mode
    Connect your device to your computer with the USB cable, and select "Just Charge" (do not select USB Drive)
    Run WebOS Quick Install
    Click the third button on the right (Blue Down Arrow)
    Choose WebOS Internals Feed (Pre) or WebOS Internals Feed (Pixi) from the dropdown list at the top.
    Select Preware from the list.
    Click Download.
    Click Close.
    Click Install.
    Thank you,
    I'm sorry to hear that... check my thread on how to install preware without webosQI.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you I will try that