1.    #1  
    I know it's not a big deal to pull up the drop down menu, hit WiFi, and then hit the on/off option; however, it would be great if there was something faster. I asked if it could be put in the universal search command line patch using '.wifi on' and '.wifi off" commands, but does anyone know of an existing shortcut?

Thanks!
    if you have preware and the homebrew feed added you can add an app called "quick system tasks" that has a bunch of screen and system options in the dashboard. It's pretty neat actually. (including wifi)
    leave wifi on. It won't drain your battery ssearching for a signal like the cdma radio will, and is more efficcient for data usage than the phone radio.
    Check out Mode Switcher. Then you can have the phone turn WiFi on and off based on location without you needing to push any buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Gamah View Post
    leave wifi on. It won't drain your battery ssearching for a signal like the cdma radio will, and is more efficcient for data usage than the phone radio.
    can't do that here. specifically,. at work requires an enterprise wpa encryption that the Pre does not support. the fall back is a web based login portal.. which kicks in after switching access points. it's just easier to shut it off for me at work, turn it back on at home.

i would love an easy on/off switch. sure, it's just and extra tap, but it would simplify things nicely
    Preware --> Device Menu Remix w/ Flashlight.

You're welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Preware --> Device Menu Remix w/ Flashlight.

You're welcome.
    ...but he said he doesn't want to do the drop down pull menu? @.@
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Mode Switcher is the best option to do this automatically based on a schedule or gps location. You need to input a custom feed through Preware. Check out the thread for Mode Switcher.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    if you have preware and the homebrew feed added you can add an app called "quick system tasks" that has a bunch of screen and system options in the dashboard. It's pretty neat actually. (including wifi)
    ...quick system tasks is great! I had never heard of it prior to you mentioning it...

I wish more apps could be run in dashboard mode only, and allow the card to be closed or minimized...
    add the wifi app to the task bar. Two taps and done...
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    ...but he said he doesn't want to do the drop down pull menu? @.@
    Gotcha. Maybe somebody could make a patch request to enable deleting certain networks.
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    can't do that here. specifically,. at work requires an enterprise wpa encryption that the Pre does not support. the fall back is a web based login portal.. which kicks in after switching access points. it's just easier to shut it off for me at work, turn it back on at home.

i would love an easy on/off switch. sure, it's just and extra tap, but it would simplify things nicely
    I have a similar issue, and I think the best way to handle it (even, or especially, if you eventually decide to use Mode Switcher for other stuff) is to have the Pre forget that network in the Wi-Fi app. Once you've done that, you can leave WiFi on but be sure that the phone is using 3G for data at work, and your remembered home WiFi at home.

This method involves no taps at all once you've set it up.