1.    #1  
    I was just reading a post about wi-fi and it mentioned that some wireless router brands work better with the Pre than others. I will be getting a Pre-Plus shortly and was wondering how my netgear wireless router will work.
    Mike
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I use a linksys router myself, but any standards compliant router should work fine
    one of my neibors has a netgear and sometimes I am using it with out even knowing. Works nice,lol. Myself I have verizon fios and they give you a free one and it's great. I can go half way down my street and still pick it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    one of my neibors has a netgear and sometimes I am using it with out even knowing. Works nice,lol. Myself I have verizon fios and they give you a free one and it's great. I can go half way down my street and still pick it up.
    Yeah I have FiOS too and the wireless router works great, around 1% per hour battery drain while idling.
  5.    #6  
    Thanks for the info guys
    Mike
  6.    #7  
    netwrk9
    Thanks for the link
    Mike
    linksys + ddwrt is a good way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    linksys + ddwrt is a good way to go.
    Same here. Never any problem.
    I'm on a netgear router and have never had a problem with it.
  10.    #11  
    Sounds like it shoould smooth sailing when I get my pre
    Mike
    linksys wireless n router here, I have no complaints....
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Be aware that some wireless routers don't play well at all with the Pre's wifi radio when WPA2 encryption. As in, useless, no data throughput. Mine was one of these...it was some kind of Netgear router. In case that matters to you, I'll get you the exact model number next time I'm at home.
    I picked up a belkin so I could beta test an app that synced over wifi, it works well.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    Be aware that some wireless routers don't play well at all with the Pre's wifi radio when WPA2 encryption. As in, useless, no data throughput. Mine was one of these...it was some kind of Netgear router. In case that matters to you, I'll get you the exact model number next time I'm at home.
    I would appreciate that Analog.
    Mike
    My Netgear router/DSL modem (DGN2000) works well with the Pre in WPA2.
  16.    #17  
    Any difference in the pre and pre plus with this?
    Mike