1.    #1  
    I have unloaded and reloaded my Pre(s) for various reasons, and, because something always seems to ultimately necessitate doing so, I have tended to keep my device relatively lean-and-mean, to simplify the process.

I basically run Uber/Govnah, a handful of useful apps, and a few patches including the one that turns the sound off when I plug in to charge, changes the naming convention of photos, and adds the flashlight to the video camera, throttling down the downloads,

But, recently, I have been adding more stuff. I decided to give the data, gps, and roam only toggles in the drop down menu (top menu) another try (I have previously found them to hurt my battery life). I have started adding AND naming app pages ( I currently have 8 pages). I have even taken more risk in seriously changing around my hot key menu.

So, my Pre is customized more than I have ever dared before, mostly because something always seems to happen to make me have to start over.

So... now that I have it looking, running and acting better than ever, is there any way to take an actual image of the device, that I can use to do a full, as-is restore?

Will Pre backup do this for me?

Is there a way to make an account program that works with Preware to remember what apps and patches you have installed, the same way your Palm or Google account remembers your basic PIM and apps?

Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    I am not aware of any backup app that can do a full restore on the Pre. There are bit and pieces like Pre Backup Utility, Save/Restore and Palm's own Backup. None will back up everything.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I am not aware of any backup app that can do a full restore on the Pre. There are bit and pieces like Pre Backup Utility, Save/Restore and Palm's own Backup. None will back up everything.
    Thanks. And, I know from another recent post that Save/Restore does things a little differently than Pre Backup, but someone said they can't be used concurrently.

So the best I can do is go through my device, do a "paper" inventory of every app and patch and where it's located in Preware or the app store. As well as any other changes I made, like dialing down the logging function and upping the browser buffer. Then, if I (for instance) need a new device), I will just have to start all over again doing the basic restore, rooting the pre, loading preware, restoring each patch, and all apps.

What a pain in the behind. I really hope nothing goes spontaneously wrong, as has happened in the past.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Yes, wouldn't it be nice if there was an app that did everything - and without having to type in any codes?

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    For patches -
    first, find the file called: .webosinternals.patches.packages on the pre in usb mode.
    It is a list of your installed patches that you can open that in word, so no need to write them with a pen. (Nice for 10 patches, essential for 60)

After you doctor and install preware, re-add the patches via webosQI under 'tweaks' It is a lot faster.

Aside from a few game files not surviving for me, the biggest annoyance was needing to re-link all my contacts, but that only took 20 minutes or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    The WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor can.

Other posters in this thread looking for an easy way to reinstall a list of patches should also look at the Saved Package List functionality in Preware, and the ability for Save/Restore to save and restore Preware's application data.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals