1.    #1  
    basically the top of the cable that goes into the phone has had the casing cut, and as a result it bends when in the phone and is most likely damaging the wires inside, what would be the best way to secure the cut part of the cable?

I'll put up a picture later, need to find my camera..unfortunately the pre's camera cant focus on it that well...

Edit

here is the picture

http://tinypic.com/m/axb210/3
    Last edited by kel101; 07/10/2010 at 08:22 AM.
    Just buy another. There's nothing special about it. Just standard USB to micro-USB.
    amazon.com, buy.com, or monoprice.com normally have them for under a couple of dollars. If you catch it right you can even get free shipping.
    i got a free one from palm =]
    jus a few mins on hold...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticX View Post
    i got a free one from palm =]
    jus a few mins on hold...
    how? O:
    dude you can get brand new from amazon from $1.50 and above.
    As said above try Palm, or try your carrier. I have seen threads about Sprint just giving away a spare cable and/or battery. Either way is worth a shot.

If not like everyone else said the cable can be had cheap. I do warn that if you are using it for data as well, make sure you get a compatible data cable. A few folks have gotten the cheap cables not paying attention to the fact that they were charge only and not a data cable.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    As said above try Palm, or try your carrier. I have seen threads about Sprint just giving away a spare cable and/or battery. Either way is worth a shot.

If not like everyone else said the cable can be had cheap. I do warn that if you are using it for data as well, make sure you get a compatible data cable. A few folks have gotten the cheap cables not paying attention to the fact that they were charge only and not a data cable.
    thats what im worried about, i do have a retractable cable however that only charges the phone and doesnt allow data or media sync. Would just simply state micro usb data cable?
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    thats what im worried about, i do have a retractable cable however that only charges the phone and doesnt allow data or media sync. Would just simply state micro usb data cable?
    I bought a new one at Office Max and it works fine. If you're going to use it with a touchstone, make sure you buy one with a head that fits inside the touchstone charger.