1.    #1  
    I finally got my new Pre, and I love it! But there are a few things I'm still trying to learn to do.

First of all, on my old Centro I was able to send the same text message to multiple contacts at the same time. How does one go about doing this on the Pre?

I am currently right in the middle of a family medical crisis that requires me to send update messages out to multiple people. Typing and re-typing the updates is exhausting and time-consuming. Is it possible on the Pre to compose one message, and then send it out to multiple contacts, perhaps even using messaging for some, e-mail for others, and Facebook private messages for others? Whether it's a simple cut and paste trick, or an app I could download, or a special feature of the phone that I have not yet found, learning how to do this as soon as possible would be VERY valuable to me. It's actually one of the reasons I went ahead and finally ordered my Pre --- in order to be able to stay in contact with family more easily during this crisis.

Any help offered would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Multiple messages on the Pre are not ideal but possible.
    In Messaging and Email you will just type out your message and then tap the 'contacts icon' in the upper right-hand corner. You will have to enter (tap on) each contact one at a time but not have to re-type the message over and over.
    I never IM so not sure about that.. .

Copy and Paste feature is used by placing curser in messaged area, tap and hold on the gesture area+A (select all), then gesture+C (copy), and finally gesture+V (paste).
    You can also hold the "up" key and tap on messages, articles, etc.
    Everybody wants some!..
    Hi Woodstock, and Welcome to the P|C forums!

There is a patch available in Preware that allows you to send a message to multiple people at the same time. If you haven't looked into Preware, it is a very easy to use app that you install on your Pre that will give you access to all of the Homebrew stuff (Patches, applications, themes, etc).
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    You also might check out the App Catalog. There are messaging apps like Multi Message Pro (I'm not necessarily recommending that particular app; it's just an example) that are designed to organize groups for messaging and email. A lot of apps have threads in the forums so you can read up on them here, too.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
  5.    #5  
    Oh, I see now! Thanks so much! I'm going to try it. I don't IM either, but use e-mail and messaging a lot. Do you know if it's possible to do something similar in Facebook from the Pre?
  6.    #6  
    Ok, I've gotta check out the preware and apps catalog too! It's stuff like this that made me want a Palm in the first place. Thanks again!
    yes, there is a free Facebook app for the Pre available in the App Catalog which would definitely allow you to update your FB account with info that everyone could see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock813 View Post
    I finally got my new Pre, and I love it! But there are a few things I'm still trying to learn to do.

First of all, on my old Centro I was able to send the same text message to multiple contacts at the same time. How does one go about doing this on the Pre?

I am currently right in the middle of a family medical crisis that requires me to send update messages out to multiple people. Typing and re-typing the updates is exhausting and time-consuming. Is it possible on the Pre to compose one message, and then send it out to multiple contacts, perhaps even using messaging for some, e-mail for others, and Facebook private messages for others? Whether it's a simple cut and paste trick, or an app I could download, or a special feature of the phone that I have not yet found, learning how to do this as soon as possible would be VERY valuable to me. It's actually one of the reasons I went ahead and finally ordered my Pre --- in order to be able to stay in contact with family more easily during this crisis.

Any help offered would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    As has been mentioned, there is a patch available. But, there is also another way to do this, without having to retype it.

Send the message to whoever you want to send it to. Then you can tap the message, and forward to another user. You can even forward it using email. Repeat as needed.
    super contacts plus in the app catologue lets you set up groups to sms and email. Unlimited recipient patch gets rid of the ten only limit
    Maybe I'm a little lost here and have the wrong idea, but just open Messaging, go to the icon at the bottom left. In the To box, just start typing a persons name that you want to send it to, hit enter, and then go back and enter another persons name. I don't know if that's what you wanted to do...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.