Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I am sure this has been asked many times already . . . Is anyone aware of a patch or app that allows the creation of albums in the ‘Photos” section? I have seen in the forums that basic albums can be created in USB mode, but I have not tried it yet. I know that the pictures can be loaded onto one of several online services, like photobucket, but I would like to keep them on my phone, a little closer and available. If that is not possible, is there a way to rearrange them?

My Treo755p did have the ability to make albums. I had one for each kid, one for the cars (showing all views and the plate number – just in case), household stuff, stupid stuff (like the attached picture taken at a local venue) random stuff, etc. Sure made it easy to show off pictures of the kids, rather than having to scroll thru all of the temporary pictures (house plumbing conditions to get a new part at Lowe’s, etc.).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    pre2930
    IIIxe>VIIx>Vx>Zire72>Treo755p>Pre+>Touchpad/Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by pre2930 View Post
    I am sure this has been asked many times already . . . Is anyone aware of a patch or app that allows the creation of albums in the ‘Photos” section? I have seen in the forums that basic albums can be created in USB mode, but I have not tried it yet. I know that the pictures can be loaded onto one of several online services, like photobucket, but I would like to keep them on my phone, a little closer and available. If that is not possible, is there a way to rearrange them?

My Treo755p did have the ability to make albums. I had one for each kid, one for the cars (showing all views and the plate number – just in case), household stuff, stupid stuff (like the attached picture taken at a local venue) random stuff, etc. Sure made it easy to show off pictures of the kids, rather than having to scroll thru all of the temporary pictures (house plumbing conditions to get a new part at Lowe’s, etc.).
    I'm not sure if I fully follow what you are saying. But if I read it right then all you need to do is in USB mode, create a folder, call it whatever, and so long as there is only .jpg and .png files in here then it will show up as a new folder in the photo app.
    You can also do this from the pre if you use the app Internalz.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Internalz worked!!! Thanks for the help.
    pre2930
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I found out (the hard way) that you can set up multiple photo subdirectories, but they do not show up on the Photo page until you populate that subdirectory with at least one image.

Always something neat to learn. It takes a few steps and a little bit of memory to move or copy the pics from the base directory to the subdirectories. I do not have the time or inclination to do so, but this would seem to be an app waiting to be developed
    pre2930
    Internalz is wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre2930 View Post
    I found out (the hard way) that you can set up multiple photo subdirectories, but they do not show up on the Photo page until you populate that subdirectory with at least one image.

Always something neat to learn. It takes a few steps and a little bit of memory to move or copy the pics from the base directory to the subdirectories. I do not have the time or inclination to do so, but this would seem to be an app waiting to be developed
    The problem is.... I believe at this time the API's don't exist for what internals allows you to do. A lot of homebrew/patch stuff works outside the area of where Palm "officially" lets apps operate (I am not saying all homebrew but items like internalz and preware don't want devs to get the wrong idea). So until Palm allows for those calls to be made in a manor that works with the official specs of something that can be let into the app catalog, you will not see an official app to do that.

Hope that makes sense, and I could be wrong... since I haven't developed anything personally, I just know some of the things (apps/patches/functions) that exist outside the app catalog don't comply with Palms submission requirements. I would think if those calls were there we would have seen someone develop an app for it.... as we have seen this community will purchase an app (even for functions they feel should be built into the phone from Palm).