1.    #1  
    So I doctored my phone yesterday because WiFi would give me a "cannon connect to host" problem and noting I tried helped.

But after I doctored and logged into my Palm profile my phone said it need to restart so I did and when it booted back up I got this error screen.

I selected "Just Restart" and it erased EVERything! I wasn't mad because I baced up everything pre-doctor so I didn't loose anthing but what if someone didn't back up everything.

Any idea why I was signed out and it erased everything even though I selected "just restart"?

My launch day pre started doing this...nearly everyday, so I ended up doing a warranty swap and never had the problem again.
  3.    #3  
    It only happened once so hopefully I won't have to go to Verizon for a replacement. It would be my 6th Pre+ and I'm getting ready t take a big trip to Mexico and I don't want my phone to do this and I loose all of thhe pictures I'm going to take.
    this has happened to me a few times. Since I do quite a bit of alpha testing, I always have my info backed up, and I honestly don't mind doctoring the phone, it makes it snapy again and really doesn't take more than just time to run through all the installations, but your data is usually intact.

when it happened to me, it had happened three times in a row in as many days.. I was pretty frustrated as I didn't do anything specific that I could tell to trigger it.

but I haven't had it happen in a few months now and was only plagued by the 1 "cluster" of forced resets..

I still haven't found anything as to why this happens though.

besides the only reason I know of (which is if you sign into your palm profile on another webOS device), I don't know any other reason why it happens and am very curious still
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    this has happened to me a few times. Since I do quite a bit of alpha testing, I always have my info backed up, and I honestly don't mind doctoring the phone, it makes it snapy again and really doesn't take more than just time to run through all the installations, but your data is usually intact.

when it happened to me, it had happened three times in a row in as many days.. I was pretty frustrated as I didn't do anything specific that I could tell to trigger it.

but I haven't had it happen in a few months now and was only plagued by the 1 "cluster" of forced resets..

I still haven't found anything as to why this happens though.

besides the only reason I know of (which is if you sign into your palm profile on another webOS device), I don't know any other reason why it happens and am very curious still
    I'm in the same boat. I actually doctor from time to time after doing some testing to clean things up.
    I actually started a thread about my latest issue involving a phone I purchased on ebay. I didn't see any threads regarding getting booted out of one's profile before I posted, but needless to say I have a lot more than that going on with my current pre. Still trying to figure it out, so if anyone has any ideas or have had that same issues, please post them here or on my other thread.
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2547624
    Strange that this Palm Profile boot isn't more widespread than it appears to be right now.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Same stupid thing happened to me today. Launch day pre GSM Germany. Original kernel some patches. Last doctor couple of month away.