1.    #1  
    Hi,

O2 Germany recently lowered prices for Pre and Pre Plus down to 280 USD (Pre) and 422 USD (Pre Plus). Well, beside the fact that the Pre is 1/3 cheaper you get a Touchstone for the Pre Modell on top (not for Pre Plus) !!! So folks, tell me ....

Pre + Touchstone or Pre Plus????

Many thanks for your advice in advance,

Matthias
    I would get the pre plus, more memory!
    After 13 months with the Sprint Pre and a touchstone, I would say that my Pre is doing everything that I need it to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthias View Post
    Hi,

O2 Germany recently lowered prices for Pre and Pre Plus down to 280 USD (Pre) and 422 USD (Pre Plus). Well, beside the fact that the Pre is 1/3 cheaper you get a Touchstone for the Pre Modell on top (not for Pre Plus) !!! So folks, tell me ....

Matthias
    I'd go with the Pre Plus. You can always add a Touchstone. If you buy the Pre, you can't add the extra memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'd go with the Pre Plus. You can always add a Touchstone. If you buy the Pre, you can't add the extra memory.
    I'll second this: after trying out a Pre Plus for awhile, I can say that it's a much better experience with the extra RAM. Not only are TMCs almost non-existent, but the Pre Plus performs better with more apps open than the Pre, even without TMCs.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I vote for the Pre+ . Like a previous poster said, you can always buy the Touchstone. I bought 2 when Radio Shack was clearing their shelves - they were $15 each. Much more elegant that the USB cable and easier to use. The USB connection seems to be a weak point and kind of an afterthought. There were several built in upgrades on the +, in addition to the the memory that would make the + the route to go.
    pre2930
    IIIxe>VIIx>Vx>Zire72>Treo755p>Pre+>Touchpad/Samsung Galaxy S3
    I have a similar question:
    I dropped my Pre in a cup of water (it slid off the couch right into the cup- unbelievably bad luck!) and it's crapped out. My family is on Sprint and will stay there for the foreseeable future. I'm currently back on my old feature phone

The question is: do I get a Sprint Pre now, or just hang in there until the next new Palm phone comes out? If Sprint had the Pre Plus, I would go for it right now, but I feel like a new Palm phone has to be around the corner and I'll be kicking myself for not being patient.

Or should I just suck it up and get an Evo?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kenton86 View Post
    I dropped my Pre in a cup of water (it slid off the couch right into the cup- unbelievably bad luck!) and it's crapped out. My family is on Sprint and will stay there for the foreseeable future. I'm currently back on my old feature phone

The question is: do I get a Sprint Pre now, or just hang in there until the next new Palm phone comes out? If Sprint had the Pre Plus, I would go for it right now, but I feel like a new Palm phone has to be around the corner and I'll be kicking myself for not being patient.

Thanks
    Hard call. I still tend to favor Sprint, because of their plans. I still firmly believe we're going to see a nextgen Palm device on Sprint in the near future (as in < 6 months). Also, keep in mind, the Evo is going to add another $10 to your bill.

Were I in exactly the same situation, I'd probably look to buy a used Sprint Pre, thus leaving my upgrade options available. I don't think I'd switch carriers just over the +.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthias View Post
    Hi,

Matthias
    If you don't need the extra hard drive space then the pre- wouldn't be a bad idea. Uberkernal with compcache make the TMC error pretty much go away, assuming you are willing to patch your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by kenton86 View Post

Thanks
    No insurance? If you had insurance paying the 100 for a "like new" refurb would be the way to go, but w/o insurance you should be able to find a used pre for close to the same as the insurance claim. I would go that route, that way if there is a new webos phone soon, you could still get in on the action.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Picked up a used Sprint Pre on Ebay for $87 shipped. Cheapest option and left my upgrade available for when the next piece of goodness comes out.

Thanks.
  11.    #11  
    Many thanks everyone. Just wanted to let you know I went for the Pre + and I'm sure it was the right decision. It is a great device. AND, I bought my girl a Pre + aswell. Again, thanks for your advices