Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Do you think webOS community will continue to stay strong as they do now? Or once we get new devices we will be bashing each others webOS phones?
    Last edited by wildxconfusion; 07/12/2010 at 12:36 AM.
    I don't think there will be bashing. After all, the Pre Plus is already better than the regular Pre, and the Pixi Plus destroys the regular Pixi...

I think what will be interesting is how HPalm handles updates to webOS. Right now updates come out for all devices at the same time. Let's say they come out with 8 new devices across 6 different carriers. Will updates to webOS still come out at the same time for all devices on all carriers at roughly the same time? Or will it end up with Android like updates where different phones are on different schedules, etc.

The other question is, when will devices get "obsoleted" (i.e., when will webOS updates no longer be developed for the original Pre)?
  3.    #3  
    I hope hpalm will not forget the loyal pre community and update webOS to at least 2.0 or at least to point where hardware would have to be changed in order to support the update.
    i dont need a new pre to bash you guys i can do it now watch!

my pre is f105 thunderchief overclocked to 1.05ghz compcached with a memory limit of 64mb....mode switched to home with additional modes: work, car, meeting, workout, apps, not home....with mobile hotspot and wifi/bluetooth tethering.....4x4 launcher....Running the Suave theme....multi-mod patched for in browser downloading...my pres rules!

haha that was fun
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post

my pre is f105 thunderchief overclocked to 1.05ghz compcached with a memory limit of 64mb....mode switched to home with additional modes: work, car, meeting, workout, apps, not home....with mobile hotspot and wifi/bluetooth tethering.....4x4 launcher....Running the Suave theme....multi-mod patched for in browser downloading...my pres rules!

haha that was fun
    Yep, too bad there are other phones that do all that stuff right out-of-the-box...

I wish HPalm would hurry up!!
    I have 20 patches and 70 applications that make my Pre Plus work exactly the way I want it too.
    A phone can't get better than working exactly the way the user wants it too.

I LOVE MY PRE PLUS!!!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    My Pre is sexier!! Well I took my theme off a month ago since I'm waiting for the update
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Yep, too bad there are other phones that do all that stuff right out-of-the-box...
    If you want an out-of-the-box phone - get an iphone and except what other people think you need on the phone.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by wildxconfusion View Post
    Do you think webOS community stay strong as they do now? Or once we get new devices we will be bashing each webOS phones?
    No. Ideally, I'd love to see three new devices, each with the same performance specs, but with different form factors:

• A Pixi-like BB competitor
    • A Pre-like vertical slider
    • A HD2/Evo 4G-like slate

In that way, everyone would have the same phone, only exactly what they wanted in terms of form.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    I still have my launch day Sprint Pre with no issues, so my Pre is better than your Pre because it is an original. No refurb here!

dj ozone was right. This IS fun. Muwhahahahaha :evil
    Ill take the evo like slate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    I still have my launch day Sprint Pre with no issues, so my Pre is better than your Pre because it is an original. No refurb here!

dj ozone was right. This IS fun. Muwhahahahaha :evil
    Mine is to.. Only doctored it once. I got more Pre earlier than you on launch day though! Muaahhahah
    I don't think it will be an issue until they start shipping stuff that only works on newer hardware. webOS is designed so that won't be likely for at least the duration of my current contract, so we are all family! After that, all bets are off.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Do you think webOS community stay strong as they do now? Or once we get new devices we will be bashing each webOS phones?
    I hope not. It would be pretty sad if the new devices weren't head and shoulders above the current crop.
    Well my pixi can do at least half the stuff your pre can do.. or less muahahahaha... oh wait that sux, I want my 1.4.5.x so I can start playing 3d games maybe? :-)
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts

I do not think we will be anything like the Android community. We are to close knit with homebrew, this place is more like family that helps each other.

I think there will be a bit of .. Ooo I like that, but I do not think there will be any bashing.
    9 month old sprint pre,never doctored in perfect condition that does all I need it to do
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post

haha that was fun

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post

Uhmmm what phone does "all that" out of the box? Custom theme, custom launcher, mode switcher, compcache.... screenstate.... only thing in his post other phones do out of the box is run at 1ghz.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Uhmmm what phone does "all that" out of the box? Custom theme, custom launcher, mode switcher, compcache.... screenstate.... only thing in his post other phones do out of the box is run at 1ghz.
    strongly agree . other phones simply don't provide us the fun of customizing them .. not just the looks but the OS as well
    This is why I love my Pre. <3
    "Glen honey, I got a question for you. What do you do for a living?
    "I got a question for you. Why are you still here?"
    #WhatsaDollaHolla! http://up-toprec.webs.com/
    www.reverbnation.com/christophercapicherobbin
    http://soundcloud.com/christopher-capiche-robbin
    www.dopetracks.com/JTMoneyBaggs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast