Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    When I go into USB mode on my Sprint Palm Pre, it does the normal USB thing and shows the correct image on the phone and I can access the removable disk on my system(s). When I disconnect the phone, it has also charged the phone. If I remember right (from my previous 3 phones), this did not happen. Am I wrong here or is this something wrong with the phone.
    I'm actually getting a replacement phone today from Sprint for other reasons (serious battery drain, discoloration on the bottom of the screen...) but am curious if this normal behavior while in USB mode.
    Anyone?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $yes$, $it$'$s$ $normal$ $to$ $charge$ $in$ $USB$ $drive$ $mode$. $Mine$ $has$ $always$ $charged$ $that$ $way$.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $yes$, $it$'$s$ $normal$ $to$ $charge$ $in$ $USB$ $drive$ $mode$. $Mine$ $has$ $always$ $charged$ $that$ $way$.
    It could be that I just never noticed it before....
    So it will charge in either mode but the Just Charge mode allows you access the phone while it is charging....
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineon View Post
    So it will charge in either mode
    yep
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squ33d View Post
    yep
    This isn't something new, right? I could have sworn I'd have to charge after having the phone in USB mode for awhile on my older phones.
    No, it's not something new, it all depended on the phone. Some charged while in USB mode, such as my old LG Rumor and my Treo 755p and some did not!