1.    #1  
    My sound totally stopped working. I cant switch mode to speaker or headset. When a phone call comes in , there is no sound. No sound when i play pandora through headphones. Sprint is very unhelpful (my 1 year warranty just "expired")
    I think im going to "expire" my multi phone, multi year account and see what they say.
    Ive tried hardware and software reboot.
    Might be a silly question, but have you made sure all your volumes are turned up (Ringtone volume, system volume, media volume)? Are the ringtones you have set still on your phone? Do you get sounds for anything else (alarms, calendar notifications, incoming texts)?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    Ive set the volume all the way up on the button (although I dont see anything happen when i do this) Ive also used the software to set the settings as high as they go. It runs the diagnostics test ok but no sounds come out. The diagnostic test for the headset jack just keeps running and I have to kill it.
    Im trying all the headset jack fixes that have been posted but so far nothing.
    So whether you have the mute switch on or off nothing appears on screen when pressing the side volume button up or down?

Maybe try this application to see if you can get back up and running:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...dset-mode.html
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I have had this happen to me, especially after using headphones. For some reason, when I extract them, I lose phone sound, just like you. Have you used these?

Even if the answer is no, search "stuck headphone" "headphone jack issues" or something like that. There are several helpful things that got mine going.

1) blue in hole for jack, might clear dust
    2) push and pull, jiggle headphones in jack - there is a little pin in there, might be stuck
    3) my last resort because phone was useless, but I had insurance, just didn't want to wait days - took cotton q tip, removed all cotton, dipped in alcohol and cleaned around inside.
    It worked, thought I might break something, but didn't care, it was useless (as is yours) as is.
  6.    #6  
    yup nothing happens at all when i try the volume switch
    how do i download and install ghastly headset direct to my pre?
    Don't think there's a way directly to the Pre, and I'm not sure why the 1st post in the thread states to install it with Preware cuz that won't work. You'll need to download the ipk locally and install with WebOS Quick Install.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    This is a known issue with the Pre, there is a tiny switch in the headphone port that sticks, thus making the Pre think that there is a headphone still plugged in.

All you need to do is actually wetten the headphone jack a tiny but and then plug it in and unplug it several times real quick.

It should start working again shortly after.
  9.    #9  
    Ive tried all the headphone jack cleaning, but ill try again
    Ive had the situation where the phone ONLY worked with headphones but whats weird is that i get no sounds through the headsets
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Had a similar issue. Used the headphones. After that no sounds through speaker. Found a post that listed a fix attempt that didn't look like it would do anything but lo and behold it worked for me.

- Plug in the headset
    - Open the Phone app
    - Make a call (v-mail works fine)
    - When the call connects hit "Mute"
    - Then hit "Mute" again
    - Remove the headset

After I did that the sounds worked perfectly. I have to do this after each time that I use my headset.
  11.    #11  
    problem is i dont get ANY sound through headphone either (i used to have similar stuck in headphones problems)
    the pre refuses to emit any sounds